Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi All, I sure need your help, left our park today and the slides all went in great, but when I get to my next stop, I put out the slides and the only one that will not move is the kitchen, I hear the small noice like the motor is running but that is all, and the batteries are good. Is this a big problem, or is there something I can do, underneath. This is the one that has the black colored paper that is slightly torn underneath and it makes marks on my carpet. We are in the middle of Nevada and heading over to Arizona to Cottonwood, and I looked up the repair shops on our list and it is in Mesa, 89miles away. Thank you for any input

Norval
cgaucho1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Were you able to manually crank it out? I would have it looked at for sure. Sounds like a broken gear or something way out of align.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I would have it looked at too but you can check a shear pin in the rod that goes from the motor to the square rod that runs the gears. On my PP you can see that from under the slide I think. If the motor is running and the rod is not turning that is the problem. Now if that is the case what caused it my need some research. Hope it is something easy and not a lot of $$$$< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">
Old 11-05-2009, 01:03 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

sorry got to post for a check

Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Today we arrived and found out the GFI switch if off and it keeps bouncng off after I press it in, keeps coming out each time. I looked into my owners manual and can't find anything written on a crank, were do you find the crank. Also would this GFI switch have anything to do with the slide not moving out. Even if this is not working, I can still hear the motor running when I press the slide switch. all my plugs from my stove down to the back are not working, all the rest is fine. Thank for your inputs. I appreciate them very much
Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Your unit should have come with two cranks, one for the rear jacks and one for the slides. The access point for our two living area slides is through a white plastic cover on each slide. Ours are down low on the skirting. If your motor is running even with the GFI is popped I would not think that has anything to do with it. Suresounds like you have abroken gear oras George said a shear pin broken.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

The GFI may be bad, there were posts regarding that in the past. The quality is not great. Hence the stove etc. issues. The slide is not related, it's 12 volts, besides if the motor is running I would check the shear pin. The cranks should be stored somewhere, ours resembles the rod for the awning. (same material)
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I was having trouble with a GFI switch tripping after we pulled the camper I unplugged the shore power and I also disconnected the battery, I then took the face plate off the front of the power converter and I found alot of the electrical wires going into the box were loose, some by half a turn, I tightened all the wires and as of yet have not had anymore problems with the GFI tripping, it's an easy task to check, just make sure you have all the power off, 120 and 12 volt....as far as your slide not moving I suggest you check the shear pin, I had one break and it did basically the same thing............good luck

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Thank you , will try and fix the plug your way. Now I can't see anywhere to put in the crank, under neath the kit slideI can hear the motor running but no place to undo a door for the crank. Where would the shear pin be located. to fix that will we have to take the slide out. or is it in a gear Box. I have put a call in to Crossroads and not heard back yet. I want to be prepared if I have to stay out of the rig overnight. Thanks again for your answers
Old 11-06-2009, 03:24 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

the manual crank for the slide should be in the front storage compartment, if you stand outside and face the slide on the bottom skirting you will see a white plastic circular opening with a plastic cover on it, actually I think they used a 30amp power cord cover, if you open it you will see where the manual slide opening crank is located, the handle will fit into the hole, as far as the shear pin, open the front hatch and you will see a bar running across the front of your unit, press the extend or retract lever if the inside rod moves as the motor turns and the landing legs don't move then you have a probable shear pin broke, you can stay in the camper the camper will not fall, on my unit in the compartment where the battery is located there is an opening for the manual crank for the landing gear, takea alot of cranking but it will raise or lower the gear..........hope this helps

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:30 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbinohio
the manual crank for the slide should be in the front storage compartment, if you stand outside and face the slide on the bottom skirting you will see a white plastic circular opening with a plastic cover on it, actually I think they used a 30amp power cord cover, if you open it you will see where the manual slide opening crank is located, the handle will fit into the hole.

Here's a picture of what mbinohio isexplaining. It's the little white circle at the bottom of the slide. Below and to the left of the Fridge vent.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:54 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Thank you for the photos and yes we have that on the living room slide, which will work on the kitchen slide.Spoke to Randy and he helped, we have to put the living room slide in to get the crank to operate the other slide. he also thought that if it was a shear pin then, oneside would move but none of the slide is moving. We have found a mobile repair man that is coming to us today at our park, so hopefully he can help and if it is the motor then that can be changed without taking the slide out. Thanks again will keep in touch
Old 11-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

The repair man came and fixed our problems. The slide has a reset screw that holds the motor in position, the threads were stripped so he drilled it out and put in a new bigger bolt, also fixed the GFI outlet, all for 100.00 andI hope I have this explained this correctly but we sure are happy it was not the motor.Thanks for all the input

Norval