Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Update- My bell housing stop has pulled thru the frame and is stuck in the middle of the it. This is why the slide would not extend. Dealership has had to order me a new bell housing and will have to cut the old one out of the frame. Lippert was contacted and they declined my warranty because they are telling the dealership that their warranty is only good for 3 years from when the unit was BUILT. I did not from date of purchase it's aNEW until 07 and it was built in 2006. I have seen a warranty not be good from date of purchase, but not from the date of manufacture.

While the slide was stuck, I attempted to use the manual slide which broke off the rod attached to the motor. Dealership said I have to replace the whole motor to have this option back at $300.00 for a motor.

I will be in contact with Crossroads on this issue. Yes I thought I was doing a great upgrade from my Cruiser, but was WRONG. Edited by: Virginia RVers

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I know a couple who have a PP, haven't had one warranty issue. However, it seems from this forum that the PP series have a abnormally high rate of failures given it was sold as a Cruiser upgrade.

It looks like the Cruiser is still the bet value/quality from the Crossroads organization. I have looked at the Kingston but it looks like a Cruiser with a few upgrades at about 10K higher of a price, kinda reminds me of the PP and is probably the replacement of the PP.

I hope Kingston owners don't have the same run of bad luck the PP folks have had. It's one thing for a company to be responsive to customers but that doesn't forgo the allowance for junk
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Sorry to hear about all of the PP problems.

We had a 2006 PF36RD and we loved it!!. We fulltimed in it for almost 4 years before a semi totaled it. Never had a problem except the logo on the front cap.

Honestly, I wish I had the PP back. Our 2010 Kingstonis not nearly as well made as the PP.

Full Time Since 2007
Following the Sun

Semper Fi 63-69
hollardawg45 is offline   Reply With Quote