Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

I have an 06 PP and it is probably used alot less than most, it has been towed less than 3K miles since it was new, in April it goes back to the plant to have the dark red decals replaced and the drain tube on the fridge replaced I have really not had any major problems with mine just small stuff that was taken care of at the factory, I did seal the roof with etrnabond and I have never had a leak, I did replace all the furniture because the factory stuff was really bad, the PP was really nothing more than a fat cruiser, same cabinets, same furniture and carpet, the PP was bigger with a bigger frame but other than that I'm sure for crossroads it was a bigger profit number than the entry level cruiser line...I think for the money they weren't a bad unit, hopefully ours will be sold this year, but for us who bought them thinking we were getting an upline unit we were wrong....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons
I have owned a Paradise Point for 2 yrs and I have problems all through my fifth wheel.

I am talking about a camper 4 1/2 years old is falling a part.

1. The owner before me had to replace the air conditioner just after two years of purcahsing the camper.

2 The dome over the shoer leaks when it rains.

3. The vent in the sealing of bathroom leaks when it rains.

4. The slide in the master bedroom leaks around the weather stripping outsidewhen it rains. The moisture from the leak hasruined the wooden trim around the slide.

5. The decales on the outside are cracking and faded coming off camper.

6. The rear levelers electric motor stopped working.

I called about getting the decales replaced and Crossroads wanted me to purchase. I did not.

I will never purchase another Crossroads Camper/RV.
I think you should buy another CR product. You have owned the camper for 2 years and haven't had a problem until now. That's outstanding service for something you haven't preformed any routine maintenance on for the time you have owned it and it's unknown what the previous owner has done. You shouldn't be complaining you should be thanking the man upstairs for the outstanding years you have had.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

I have an 08 PP. and I have also had a lot of problems with the unit. First it was an Axel failure. Lippert replaced that. I am on Power Converter number 9. The factory has bent over backwards working with me. My latest problem was the frame actually falling apart. A hunk of the I beam actually fell off and my hanger brackets started pulling loose. I looked at my right side mirror and saw both tires. When I looked at the left mirror all I saw was the corner of the trailer. I stopped at a rest area and my 2 left side tires were almost touching. There was an exit about a mile away and I found a truck repair place. They said my problem was more than they could fix I want to a camp ground about a mile away and called 3 welding shops. The first 2 blew me off but the 3RD guy said if you can get it here he will fix it. I finished the trip I was on and when I went to the Factory Rally I made an appointment with Randy. He had a guy from Lippert come by. I had to take the trailer to Lippert for repair and they beefed up the frame. The bad news was that the other side was doing the same thing. All told the repair of the frame was almost $1000.00. They told me the frame needed more support to stop it from twisting. When they made the PP a full profile trailer they did not beef up the frame to compensate for the added weight. My trailer does get a lot of use. I would like to get rid of my PP but I do like the service that Randy and CrossRoads have provided me. I would think about another CR unit.

pointer1 is offline   Reply With Quote