Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I would like to know what do with this issue. When we put the slide out I have black marks on my carpet, so look underneath and the black under covering is torn right down the middle, ripped good. So went to the dealer and he tells me, he does not know what is tearing it and he will need to take the slide out, and that is 10 hrs or more at a $116.00 per hour plus, because the fridge is in the slide and it will have to be removed first. Is there anything I should know about this, like another way of fixing it, without all that expense. Would love to hear any comments, thanks

Also what does a person put into the water tanks to get rid of the sediments that gathers, as it hardens and seizes up the valves. Thanks
cgaucho1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

When we first got our tt the slide was out of alignment and rubbed the carpet eventually causing a tear. They pulled the slide out to replace the carpet and then put he slide back in and realigned it. It was a warranty repair for us. also our slide only has the sofa and dinnette on it so can't help you much with timeline or cost or cause.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thank you Anaro,
Went to another dealer and he said he doubts very much he would have to take the slide right out, He was guessingit will be only an alignment. This happens a lot with trailers, as he says the undercover is very light, But he has to see it first and he has no opening for over a month. So we stapled it together to get us thru the winter as we go south. Thanks again for you answer I appreciate it
cgaucho1981 is offline   Reply With Quote