Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2019, 01:07 AM   #1
New Camper

New Owner 06 TF36DS - Fuel Station & Outdoor Radio

Hi Folks,

My wife and I just purchased a 2006 TF36DS. We have all the original owners but there seems to be a lot of missing documentation including information about operating the fuel pump station, outdoor radio, and speakers. Nothing in the manual even addresses the rear garage. The CR owner's manual is very generic.

So I may have two rather simple questions. I have a feeling I may have a bigger issue but wanted to at least get insight into the normal operation procedures.

Question 1 - Fuel Station

Anyway, I've owned many RVs and still can't seem to figure out how to get the fuel pump station to work. I'm use to seeing a pump toggle switch at the pump itself. In our crossroads garage, there is a fuel pump switch (or so I believe) with a intermatic timer above it. I'm assuming the timer is for the fuel pump as a safety feature?

Problem is, I turn on the pump switch and turn the timer....still nothing at the pump. I'm thinking it may be a bigger issue & the pump itself isn't getting power. So that's my 1st question. How do you normally operate your fuel station?

Question #2 - Outdoor Radio Operation

2nd question is the outdoor radio. Is there a inside power switch for it?

The outdoor 120V plugs in the outdoor entertainment station work fine. But the radio will not turn on when I try to get it to power on directly at the radio face.

I wanted to check to make sure I didn't blow a 15A fuse for either the radio or fuel station. Funny thing is, I did notice that when I pull the radio 15 amp fuse that both the red LED lights (indicator for a blown fuse) turn on for both the outdoor radio & fuel pump. If I pull just the 15 amp fuse for the fuel station, same thing. Both that LED indicators for the fuel station & radio light up. Just an odd observation that leads me to believe I may have an 12V electrical wiring problem for the radio and fuel pump.

Then again, I have no specific manuals talking about the fuel station operation or the outdoor radio.

Seems like a nice toy hauler overall! I'm slowly going through a trying to fix all the fun stuff that breaks on these things.
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Congratulations on the toy hauler and welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I can't help you with either issue. Good luck on finding a solution.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:25 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from NC. Can’t help either here. Hopefully someone that’s familiar with that model will jump in with your answer.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #4
Site Team

If you look at this thread there is some reference to the pump.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...d-10402-2.html
I'm not sure if it totally covers your question, but it's a starting point anyway.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:07 PM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
If you look at this thread there is some reference to the pump.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...d-10402-2.html
I'm not sure if it totally covers your question, but it's a starting point anyway.
Greetings back to everyone. Thanks for the link, Lloyd.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #6
New Camper

Just wanted to share what was said about turning on the fuel pump station:

"The fuel gauges only read after you press the pump timer to turn on the pump. you can turn off the pump by pressing it a second time. Check the switches on the light fixtures themselves to see if they are turned on so they will work with the wall switch."
Old 10-04-2019, 01:18 AM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by customfab View Post
Hi Folks,

My wife and I just purchased a 2006 TF36DS. We have all the original owners but there seems to be a lot of missing documentation including information about operating the fuel pump station, outdoor radio, and speakers. Nothing in the manual even addresses the rear garage. The CR owner's manual is very generic.

So I may have two rather simple questions. I have a feeling I may have a bigger issue but wanted to at least get insight into the normal operation procedures.

Question 1 - Fuel Station

Anyway, I've owned many RVs and still can't seem to figure out how to get the fuel pump station to work. I'm use to seeing a pump toggle switch at the pump itself. In our crossroads garage, there is a fuel pump switch (or so I believe) with a intermatic timer above it. I'm assuming the timer is for the fuel pump as a safety feature?

Problem is, I turn on the pump switch and turn the timer....still nothing at the pump. I'm thinking it may be a bigger issue & the pump itself isn't getting power. So that's my 1st question. How do you normally operate your fuel station?

Question #2 - Outdoor Radio Operation

2nd question is the outdoor radio. Is there a inside power switch for it?

The outdoor 120V plugs in the outdoor entertainment station work fine. But the radio will not turn on when I try to get it to power on directly at the radio face.

I wanted to check to make sure I didn't blow a 15A fuse for either the radio or fuel station. Funny thing is, I did notice that when I pull the radio 15 amp fuse that both the red LED lights (indicator for a blown fuse) turn on for both the outdoor radio & fuel pump. If I pull just the 15 amp fuse for the fuel station, same thing. Both that LED indicators for the fuel station & radio light up. Just an odd observation that leads me to believe I may have an 12V electrical wiring problem for the radio and fuel pump.

Then again, I have no specific manuals talking about the fuel station operation or the outdoor radio.

Seems like a nice toy hauler overall! I'm slowly going through a trying to fix all the fun stuff that breaks on these things.
I own the same rv I think. My fuel pump works by turning on the switch, then turn the timer. Then I go outside, there is a switch on the pump. It’s a small lever type on mine. Will try and get a picture of mine tomorrow
Policeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Policeboss View Post
I own the same rv I think. My fuel pump works by turning on the switch, then turn the timer. Then I go outside, there is a switch on the pump. It’s a small lever type on mine. Will try and get a picture of mine tomorrow
THANKS! Sorry, I should have updated this thread. Yes, I got our fuel pump to work. I actually had a bit of trouble finding the on/off switch on the pump itself. But I found it! Everything works as it should.

Next I just need to figure out why our refrigerator will NOT operate on the gas setting (getting no pilot to even spark) and same with our furnace. Then onto work on the generator which fires up and then dies within 5-10 seconds.

Ahhhh, the joys of RV ownership......
Old 10-07-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
Site Team

Have you changed gas bottles recently? If so it may take a while to purge the air out of the lines. You mentioned the refrigerator "pilot" It is DSI direct spark ignition no pilot light.Also double check that the gas bottles are not empty and turned on.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #10
New Camper

Quote:
THANKS! Sorry, I should have updated this thread. Yes, I got our fuel pump to work. I actually had a bit of trouble finding the on/off switch on the pump itself. But I found it! Everything works as it should.

Next I just need to figure out why our refrigerator will NOT operate on the gas setting (getting no pilot to even spark) and same with our furnace. Then onto work on the generator which fires up and then dies within 5-10 seconds.

I had to replace the board on my frig. Hope that’s not your problem cause it wasn’t cheap. But since your furnace isn’t working either I would check the safety switch. Not sure what else to call it but should be located on the cabinet near the floor. I believe it has a reset switch.

I also had to replace the fuel pump on my generator. I’m currently running it off a hose into a gas can. If you hold the on/off switch in the off position it will actually prime the carb.
Policeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #11
New Camper

Quote:

Just went through same thing on my 06 Crossfire.
ended up taking the lp jet off fridge and lightly blowing all the rust out of the lines. Caution the jet is plastic fibre Do Not stick anything in there or yopu will be buying a new jet.
Same with the furnace, jet was plugged with rust dust.
Hope this helps !