Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #41
Seasonal Camper

We too would like to send a "BIG" thanks out to Rick and Patty for doing such a wonderful job with the rally. This was our first Crossroads rally and we really enjoyed it and really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people. We are looking forward to seeing a lot of you next year and hopefully without all the rain!

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #42
Full Time Camper

We enjoyed meeting you, Phil & Janine and seeing your lovely trailer!

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #43
Full Time Camper

Here are some pictures I took at the rally. The first one is Andy Cripe (president of Crossroads RV) hosting a question and answer session. The second one shows what can happen to your awning if a sudden gust of wind catches it. The third one shows our daughter's trailer with ours net to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-07-17 (1).jpg (265.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-07-17 (2).jpg (165.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-07-19 (2).jpg (239.7 KB, 16 views)

Old 07-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #44
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to ricktlm3
on behalf of my myself, my wife Patty and CrossRoads we would like to take a moment to thank everyone who attended and supported the rally this year. despite the weather and some confusion it was a great rally. looking forward to next year.the dates for next years rally are July 15-16 thanks Rick and Pat

1966 chevelle 396

2012 325ck

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...cruiser005.jpg

ricktlm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #45
H2K
Weekend Camper

We are sorry to have missed the 2015 rally. Has anyone posted pics of the rally? I woud really like to see them.
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #46
Full Time Camper

I did. Look back a couple of posts.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #47
Site Team

After reading thru this factory rally thread again, I have to say, I'm a little confused, and disappointed with the lack of rally information.

What was the discussions/talks about with the factory reps?
Apparently there was nothing good or exciting to report? Usually this thread is a buss with thoughts, comments and pictures. All pertaining to the factory tour, what CR is planning for the future, what they have to say about QC and customer service etc.
Somebody must have something along those lines they could add.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #48
Full Time Camper

We arrived Thursday afternoon at the rally and Thursday evening was the pot luck meal. Friday morning the techs from Crossroads went around and did the "two fixes" for people. In the meantime, there were seminars put on by people from the companies that make the fridges and slides.

We were able to ask questions. One question we had was whether the slides need support when camping for extended periods (like the winter in Florida). The answer was no.

The guys from Crossroads cooked a barbecue lunch for us, then in the afternoon Andy Cripe did a question and answer session. After that, people could meet with the person from Crossroads in charge of their brand. I was in the Cruiser group and the guy in charge mentioned how design changes get made. This is where the issue of the bathroom sink being too small came up. He also mentioned that people want less carpet in their units (they are finally getting it! ) and now if you want more carpet, you pay extra for that.

Friday evening a meal was catered by an Amish caterer. We were supposed to have entertainment in the pavilion, but the band had to move to the enclosed building instead because it rained. Saturday morning, after an Amish catered breakfast, we met at the factory for a tour.

Saturday afternoon were seminars put on by Terry & Evada Cooper. Saturday evening was a catered meal provided by Crossroads. There was supposed to be a campfire, but it rained. As a matter of fact, in between fairly warm weather, it rained a lot. There was often several inches of water all around.

Sunday morning there was a breakfast prepared by the attendees.

Rick and Patty did an amazing job on this rally. I am in charge of a major activity in our park in Florida, so I can relate to how much work is involved.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #49
Seasonal Camper

Personally I felt Andy Cripe was pretty honest with his answers during the question and answers. As for the guy that is in charge of the Cruiser line, I felt like I was talking to a politician or a used car salesman. I felt all he could do was give excuses and was telling people what they wanted to hear. He never really answered any of my questions (or I felt anyone else's questions) with a straight forward answer he just gave excuses, I had to walk away before I lost my cool.

I enjoyed talking to the guys with Lippert (they answered a couple of my questions which helped me out with doing a mod that I wanted to do), Airxcel (he helped me out with our second A/C being a little on the loud side and even sent me an upgraded fan kit for it at no charge just a few days after the rally was over), and the guy from Norcold, the information that he supplied was informative and helpful.

I sat in for a little bit of the stuff the Coopers put on and found that most of it would be informative for a newbe but a seasoned RVer should have already known.

As for the food, the carry-in on Thursday was really good. There was more food than anyone should ever want to eat and all was very good! As for the cookout with Crossroads it was just ok. The catered food was pretty good. We also have to send out a big thanks to the volunteers that did the breakfast on Sunday, everything was really good! As Loneoak said, the band had to move because of all the water sitting around the pavilion. We went over and listed to them for awhile and they weren't half bad. As for the tour, again I felt like the gentleman that was leading our group was a used car salesman (you know the type, "it has new tires, the air works good and is cold, here is the vanity mirror, etc.). I heard him say several times to questions people were asking, "I don't know". Personally I feel if a person is going to be giving a tour of a product or trying to sell a product they should know that product and I felt that some of the Crossroads people fell short.

We did enjoy visiting and meeting a lot of new people and loved sitting and talking with them during the meals, around the campfire, walking through the campgrounds and sitting at the campsites. We feel Rick & Pat did a great job and commend them on their efforts despite all the weather issues.

After looking through the models that they had set up and listing to what other people had to say about the changes it seems that Crossroads is listening to what people are asking for (bigger sinks, more shelves, etc.) but they really didn't address much about the quality issues IMO. Personally I didn't see any improvement in the fit and finish over our 2014 Cruiser. Do I think that they are heading in the right direction, Yes, do I think they still have areas that can be improved, absolutely. I know that there will never be the perfect unit but I also know that something can be made safe, reliable and functionable.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #50
Site Team

Loneoak

campingcpl

Thanks.
That is the kind of stuff/info I was hoping to see somebody post.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #51
Full Time Camper

We've been on the road pretty much steady since the rally, so there was not a lot of time to do it. We were home long enough to mow the lawn, clean the house, do the laundry and re-pack the trailer for the next trip.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:32 PM   #52
Weekend Camper

This was our first rally and we enjoyed it so much we are ready for 2016. I agree with Loneoak and campingcpl. Factory people did not carry a note pad or take our suggestions in writing. If you don't write it down you can't convey that message up the ladder. Cruiser rep was a YES man and didn't have a clue about his product.