Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 06:25 AM   #21
Crossroads Owners Liaison

I don't believe that they have one planned right now in the Ohio area. The closest one would be the Crossroads National Rally in July. For more information on the rallies you can go to rvrallies
Old 03-18-2016, 11:00 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel3083 View Post
Are there any rally's in the central Ohio area this summer ?
Head to the Factory Rally. It is an easy drive accross US30 to Indiana and a great time. We are all booked and ready to go.

From Canton, it is about 4-5 hours. Good drive to get familiar with rig too since traffic on 30 is minimal.
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 04-18-2016, 08:37 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Hi All,
Has there been any updates about the factory rally? We registered and called the campground and made our reservations. Haven't heard what the final cost of the campground will be yet or how many people have registered or will be attending. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

Old 04-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

I've definitely curious to hear more about this and what to expect. We're not going this year, but I think it's an interesting idea!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #25
Crossroads Owners Liaison

Once you have called the campground to reserve your spot you will also need to go to rvrallies and register. I believe the campground fee is $44 a night and it is $80 to attend the rally.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

When we reserved, confirmation email had full rate of $141.24 for Thursday thru Sunday (leaving on Sunday).

She told us it would be a reduced group rate, but just an FYI for folks
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 04-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Hi ALL,
As of today .... we have 17 rigs signed up to come. We are down in numbers from this time last year however, we know in time it will grow. Now matter the size, it will be a fun & educational time had by all. The Professor & I look forward to meeting you all.

Lady E Cooper

Full-timers: Evada & Terry Cooper
Big Max - 2013 F350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW
Lady Redwood - 2016 39MB - Wine Bar Option
Crossroads / Redwood Regional Rally Coordinator
Rallies@MobileRVAcademy.com
Old 04-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #28
Family Vacation Member

We are still working on the rally schedule. It will be the best ever with lots of new changes and interesting things for everyone. Hopefully we will have it out in the next few weeks.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
Old 04-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

Thumbs down

Kathy Fuller left an E-Mail message claiming that CrossRoads RV is cancelling their National Rally at Shipshewana.
What a "Crook;" Thor & CrossRoads RV can not support a rally! Next Thor &/or CrossRoads RV will be telling us they can NOT support any trailer owners . . .
Amazing all the maneuvering CrossRoads RV & others did to take control of "Factory Rally" & then to let rally FAIL!! Seems "others" failed!!! Refunds?? Repairs?? Loss of faith in CrossRoads . . .
New Management at CrossRoads RV starting to so their true value(ing) of present "Owners." Cancelling their own National Rally does NOT look profitable for Thor & CrossRoads RV.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:12 PM   #30
Full Time Camper

Is there any confirmation on this?
Saskatoon, SK
Old 04-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest View Post
Is there any confirmation on this?

"PayPal" is refunding $80 back to credit card used . . .
Not a true refund! Now will have to fight credit card company to get funds.
Credit Card Companies want you to charge charge charge not be paid up customers.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:37 PM   #32
Weekend Camper

Before a lot of rumors start flying .... I will confirm that the National Crossroads Rally in July has been cancelled. We were notified today that this would happen. We (our rally team) are just as disappointed as I know those of you who were planning to come are. The Reason? Limited registrations. This is a company sponsored rally and I do respect & honor the thoughts and decisions of our manufacture.

Nevertheless, I have just completed issuing all the refunds which are EXACTLY the amount paid and those of you who have registered will be receiving those refunds soon.

Please, don't let the hostility of a few people make you think less of your manufacture. Whatever the reasons for the limited registrations this year.... we can only hope and continue to work proactively to improve the numbers for the future.

On behalf of the Rally Team.... I wish you ALL a wonderful summer filled with lots of camping.

Lady E Cooper

Full-timers: Evada & Terry Cooper
Big Max - 2013 F350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW
Lady Redwood - 2016 39MB - Wine Bar Option
Crossroads / Redwood Regional Rally Coordinator
Rallies@MobileRVAcademy.com
Old 04-28-2016, 06:31 AM   #33
Site Team

Hmmm. Is that a sign that maybe things should have been left the way they were in previous years?
Old 04-28-2016, 06:57 AM   #34
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
This is very disappointing and upsetting that they cancelled. We planned our 2 week vacation around the rally. I am coming from Connecticut and was going to make stops in NY, Ohio, and Michigan before heading to the rally then back home. We were unable to attend last years rally because we already had planned our vacation in another part of the country. We start making our vacation plans a year in advance (my wife loves to do her research of the areas and campgrounds) of what part of the country we want to see. This was going to be our first rally. We were really looking forward to coming back out to the IN area again and meeting fellow CR owners and experiencing what a factory rally is like. Maybe someday we will be able to attend a rally (if they ever get their act together) in the future when traveling to that part of the country again. We really do like our CR camper and so far have not had any major issues. We have not found any other units out there that wowed us and would make us get another unit. Hopefully CR management realizes that taking care of the customer is the most important thing in staying in business and keep us coming back. We are still heading out to the area since we already made all of our other reservations. We'll just spend more time in other parts of Michigan instead of coming to Indiana. Safe travels to everyone and enjoy. Hope to meet you all someday.

John & Cindy

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

Old 04-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #35
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Hmmm. Is that a sign that maybe things should have been left the way they were in previous years?
Could someone let a newbie like me know how things were done before, just because I'm curious? And also what these events are generally like when they do happen? Thank you!!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #36
Site Team

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...lly-10879.html

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...lly-10922.html
Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #37
Weekend Camper

Thank you! I didn't even think to search, duh...! Sorry!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #38
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Hmmm... ya think? Kind of a turn off for us when they rushed in an took over and then decided to charge almost $100.00 more then previous years for basically the same thing as in the past and we had to make our own camping arrangement's. I can understand having to pay for a camping site but having to pay for stuff that the company should be covering since they wanted to take over a so called "Factory Rally" doesn't seem right.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 04-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #39
Site Team

I believe a Crossroads rally is not the way to go. Want to attract more people, make it a Thor rally. Then all the Thor products will get together. That's what Forest River does and they get a huge amount of sign ups. Just my thought on the subject.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 04-29-2016, 06:16 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
I believe a Crossroads rally is not the way to go. Want to attract more people, make it a Thor rally. Then all the Thor products will get together. That's what Forest River does and they get a huge amount of sign ups. Just my thought on the subject.
You are so correct FROG sold out 800 spots in 4 1/2 days now have a waiting list. Might be a good idea, I think Heartland does it in Goshen every other year and even Jayco does it just not sure how often.
Closed Thread