Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 01:28 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODERRVING View Post
I am wondering if Christian M is an RVer. Also, Rob and Sue own a Columbus RV that is manufactured by Palomino which is a division of Forest River, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company. So I am wondering how they are CrossRoadsRV reps when they are SOBs. We all know the Coopers who do a great job of teaching us about our RVs and they do own a Redwood. Now, the big question is who is Jay?
I don't think the Coopers actually "own" the Redwood, but they do tow it around and live in it.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Old 12-31-2015, 01:59 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I don't think the Coopers actually "own" the Redwood, but they do tow it around and live in it.
Actually, they do own their Redwood (fondly named Lady Redwood ), and Jay Cauble is a Redwood owner who has offered to help coordinate the Regional Rally in Florida.

Rob and Sue Rees are long time CrossRoads supporters and were involved in many CrossRoads over the years. After many CrossRoads owners requested for there to be more rallies outside of the National/factory rally- we put together a team of RVers (including myself) to plan and faciliate these rallies.

.... And just because someone asked: "ChristianM" aka yours truly... Is absolutely an RVer and has been for the majority of her life. and proud of it! My family of 11 traveled the country in a very ancient Winnebago brave (but those harrowing stories are for another day!)

We hope you guys are as excited about these rallies as we are! Itineraries and events are in the works as we speak! We are hoping to offer the just right mix of educational, social and entertainment possibilities.
Stay tuned
Old 12-31-2015, 02:27 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

I'm with ya Christian M! Trying to arrange my summer trip around your Oregon rally! Glad there are two planned on west coast
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Old 12-31-2015, 03:03 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
Actually, they do own their Redwood (fondly named Lady Redwood ), and Jay Cauble is a Redwood owner who has offered to help coordinate the Regional Rally in Florida.

Rob and Sue Rees are long time CrossRoads supporters and were involved in many CrossRoads over the years. After many CrossRoads owners requested for there to be more rallies outside of the National/factory rally- we put together a team of RVers (including myself) to plan and faciliate these rallies.

.... And just because someone asked: "ChristianM" aka yours truly... Is absolutely an RVer and has been for the majority of her life. and proud of it! My family of 11 traveled the country in a very ancient Winnebago brave (but those harrowing stories are for another day!)

We hope you guys are as excited about these rallies as we are! Itineraries and events are in the works as we speak! We are hoping to offer the just right mix of educational, social and entertainment possibilities.
Stay tuned
ChristianM, it is great to know that you are an RVer as we heard from Andy that many execs are not RVers or owners. I think it should be a qualification for anyone in any RV management position as it helps to know the RV products first hand as you do. From my long ago camping, a friend had a Brave and it was a workhorse.

From the comments made by the Coopers, we thought they had a "loaner" from Redwood especially since CR took back their previous models and sold them through their dealer network. They genuinely represent CR well by demo'ing in their Redwood, from their classes to cooking by Lady E.

More rallies are a great idea and glad to see it happening. I think that CR should have involved the Michels as they are the ones who grew the factory rally in the last 3 years and they own a CR product. One of my concerns is that the rally planned for Virginia is the weekend after our Mason Dixon Bunch rally.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 01-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
... And just because someone asked: "ChristianM" aka yours truly... Is absolutely an RVer and has been for the majority of her life.
Perhaps, if you would add your equipment to your signature as we encourage other members to do, it would help reinforce to the members that you are not only a Crossroads employee, but also a customer like the other members.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
Old 01-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisK View Post
Perhaps, if you would add your equipment to your signature as we encourage other members to do, it would help reinforce to the members that you are not only a Crossroads employee, but also a customer like the other members.

Good point DavisK.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:03 PM   #27
Site Team

Just so everybody is aware of it, please check the lead post on this thread for any and all updates, new info, etc.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

CrossRoads Regional Rallies 2016

So is the mason Dixon rally still open to SOB owners?

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
Old 01-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #29
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
So is the mason Dixon rally still open to SOB owners?
Aileen, as you may have seen on another thread, my concern is that CrossRoads has scheduled a regional rally the weekend after Mason Dixon in Ashland. I would guess that it is the same campground. I would hope that they are not thinking they can take over our rally and/or replace it. My queries have gone unanswered.

We are actually SOBs now as we traded the Zinger. It was time as we no longer trusted the axles and wheel bearings. Very expensive lessons.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 01-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #30
Site Team

Aileen, the Mason Dixon Rally is not a Crossroads rally. If a SOB cannot attend Stan wouldn't be able to run it. So don't worry. Any SOB is able to participate.
As far as taking over the rally, since it is not a Crossroads rally, they cannot take it over. Anyone can run a rally as you see that ricktlm3 is running a rally independent of the Crossroads rally, which by the way is scheduled 1 week before the factory rally.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 01-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #31
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODERRVING View Post
Aileen, as you may have seen on another thread, my concern is that CrossRoads has scheduled a regional rally the weekend after Mason Dixon in Ashland. I would guess that it is the same campground. I would hope that they are not thinking they can take over our rally and/or replace it. My queries have gone unanswered.

We are actually SOBs now as we traded the Zinger. It was time as we no longer trusted the axles and wheel bearings. Very expensive lessons.
Sent you a pm so as not to hijack the thread

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 01-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #32
Full Time Camper

Ok thanks mark

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 01-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #33
Site Team

Jean, since both the Family Camping rally and the Mason Dixon rally are independent rallies there should be no concern for Crossroads to take it over. I know you are concerned that the MD rally and the Crossroads rally are within 1 week of each other but, as you can see, the Family Camping rally is within 1 week of the Factory rally and both are in the same town and area.
It will be everyone's choice on which one or both (in both instances) people will attend.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 01-29-2016, 09:03 PM   #34
Weekend Camper

Update to ALL Crossroads RV owners: this is a reminder that the Regional Rally registration page is now open. With Texas being our first rally.... it is really important for those of you who are interested in coming to Mill Creek RV Resort to go ahead and sign up if you can. Our deadline to give back the unused portion of sites is rapidly approaching (Feb 8th which is 30 days before we arrive) This doesn't mean that you can't try to sign up after the 30 day deadline....but it does mean there is a possibility the resort may be fully booked by the time you do sign up or you might not get to park with the main group. So please.... if you are considering coming....do so soon. Texas Rally

Thank you!
Lady E Cooper

Full-timers: Evada & Terry Cooper
Big Max - 2013 F350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW
Lady Redwood - 2016 39MB - Wine Bar Option
Crossroads / Redwood Regional Rally Coordinator
Rallies@MobileRVAcademy.com
Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 AM   #35
Weekend Camper

Disc Brake Install Demonstration - Texas Rally

Come join in. We are doing a Disc Brake Install Demonstration on 3/10 at Mill Creek Ranch Resort. If you think you might want to do a disc brake install on your trailer, come by and watch as I discuss the process.

I am also doing a Disc Brake & Tire Seminar at the Rally.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:43 AM   #36
Weekend Camper

Yes, If you want us to do a disc brake install at the Rally we can do that but, you need to contact me before hand to make sure I have the correct parts available.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

How many on the forum are going to the Oregon rally. I was thinking of singing up as it is only an hour south.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #38
Weekend Camper

Official Cancellation of Remaining Crossroads/Redwood Regional Rallies.

Here it is......the official cancellation of the remaining Crossroads/Redwood Regional Rallies: Canada, Virginia and Tennessee.

I am so sorry everyone. We tried and there just wasn't enough interest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Just on a side note: I know there has been a lot of talk about the Cooper's involvement w/the rallies. I wanted to take a moment to clarify a few things.

When Cooper & I were asked to do this job last summer by Andy Cripe, then - president of Crossroads...we graciously accepted with the agreement of NO MONEY being paid to us! We have not receive any payment of any amount, nor do not intend to receive any payment. We spent hours of our time volunteering, which meant our time was donated to help Crossroads/Redwood achieve their goal. What was the goal? It was to give back to the people.... in Regional Rally support. FYI - Rob & Sue Rees had the same arrangement as the Coopers with their support in Canada. (NO PAYMENT of any kind)

Yes, the Rees's were also asked to take on the National Rally because of their previous experience when they were owners. This was Andy's decision, period! The Rees's accepted.

Oh and the $80 registration fee for the National Crossroads Rally this year went to purchase all the catered meals for you while you were there. Not one cent went to the Cooper's or the Rees's.

At the Regional Rally in Texas, Cooper did teach a 3 day maintenance class prior to the rally. (ALL the details were on the Rally page for every one to see). There were 6 people who attended his class in Texas and had only great things to say about it. It was a separate fee and of course, we did receive payment for that...but there was no hidden cost of any kind. All the rallies only had campground fees and that amount was the total cost of attending the rallies....meaning, we didn't take any of the proceeds for ourselves.

Cooper & I appreciate Crossroads so much for being supportive in allowing this 3 day maintenance class to happen. Andy's thoughts were.... if people were interested in learning more about all the systems in their RV, how to operate their product correctly, how to maintain their rigs in a proactive way....then those same people would surely be better off for taking Cooper's class. No hidden agenda here .... just Crossroads caring about you, the owner.....which was the reason for us doing the class.

Now....We have the National Redwood Rally coming up. We have nearly 60 something rigs registered at this time. Here again.... the Cooper's make NO MONEY for the registration fees paid. It is only the cost of camping and a $25 ROG -Non-Member fee is collected. Which none of that money goes to the Coopers - it goes to the ROG.

Are you seeing a common denominator in all of this? The Cooper's are totally donating their time for this event, as well. Yes, we are doing a 3 day RV maintenance class scheduled before the rally starts....but here again, just like on the Regional Rallies... it is a separate cost. Oh...and since we are now considered a vendor because of the training class, we are giving all ROG Charter members $25 off their registration cost of the class as a rebate. It's our way of still supporting Crossroads/Redwood/and it's owners.

I do know that truth always prevails in all situations eventually.... sometimes however, it just needs a little boost.

I have truly enjoyed working with the Rally Team. Our original team was Christian Muffoletto (Crossroads Rep), Rob & Sue Rees (Canada Regional & National) and ....Jay Cauble who is overseeing the National Redwood Rally. Kathy Fuller came on board after Christian left. These people have done a terrific job. I can say that because I know what is going on behind the scenes, like most do not. Giving of their time and energy shows me that there is a huge amount of CARING in their hearts....and I applaud them all.

I will miss seeing those of you who I normally see at the rally and regret not getting the opportunity to meet new friends.

I do wish you ALL a wonderful summer of camping. I apologize for this being lengthy but I just felt it was something I needed to say to clear up the air of rumors.

For the Coopers, our passion has always been and always will be - to help others succeed...in whatever way that is. Here, it is in the RV Lifestyle. Don't let anyone tell you any different because you are hearing it yourself, straight from the the horses mouth....so to speak.

Thank you,
Lady E Cooper

Full-timers: Evada & Terry Cooper
Big Max - 2013 F350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW
Lady Redwood - 2016 39MB - Wine Bar Option
Crossroads / Redwood Regional Rally Coordinator
Rallies@MobileRVAcademy.com
Closed Thread