Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2016, 10:02 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Hey I know that guy!!!!!!!!
Hey what are you doing over here? You Vetter not be looking at those redwoods... you have a FR rally to attend in May.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:14 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
Hey what are you doing over here? You Vetter not be looking at those redwoods... you have a FR rally to attend in May.
Nope, was looking at a Carriage but planning on staying with FR with all the support they have given us. Really did like the Carriage but narrowed down to the new line and something else.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:37 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Lloyd
When the DW and I were looking to buy we looked at all brands...At that time we thought the Fit & Finish with the 2 year warranty on the CR brand was much better than all the others...With that said we know 2 couples that have attended our rallies that have gone to FR... The 1st couple needed a lot of warranty work done and had the 5er brought back to the factory more than once...The 2nd couple also had a good bit of warranty work done and even though their 5er is out of warranty they were told to make a list and at the next FROG factory rally the company would take care of all items on the list also including the damage done by a tire blow-out they had this past season...

Just an observation on my part...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:06 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwalker View Post
Check out their warrenty it clearly states not for full time living
I contacted FR. this was their reply.

Lloyd,

The factory warranty covers manufacturing defects and flaws in materials for one year from the date of purchase. The attached Forest River Optional Protection Plan can be purchased for $250.00 (this is not a typo, it really is only $250.00). If you choose to purchase this Optional Protection Plan, the items listed would be covered to manufacturing defects and flows in materials for an additional year after the standard warranty has expired. Realistically, most defects will be apparent within the first year of ownership, but should any of these major items fail during the second year, you would have the peace of mind knowing that it would be covered. It's a $250.00 gamble if you would even need to use it, but any one of the items listed under this protection plan would cost much more than $250.00 to correct if you chose not to go with the extra protection. Additionally, every Forest River product comes with a complimentary 1 year of Coach-Net Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you ever get stranded anywhere (even locked out of your RV), you can call Coach-Net and they will send someone to at least get you back on the road.

That being said, there are many items that would not fall into the classification of "defective" that wouldn't necessarily be covered under the warranty. For example, damaged components, scratches, wear and tear, items that have been modified that could have caused the issue, and of course operator error would not be a warrantable complaint. Any scratches or cosmetic issues must be reported within the first 90 days for goodwill consideration.

As far as full-time RVing goes, we are aware that nobody is going to invest in as high-end of a product as RiverStone to be a "Weekend Warrior". We have designed these rigs with many residential features, from the Serta "Bellagio at Home Collection" Mattress and La-Z-Boy Furniture to the Whirlpool Brand Residential Refrigerator (with inverter) and Convection Oven/Microwave. We designed the RiverStone to provide a comfortable environment for the large percentage of customers who will be using them for an extended period of time. There is a blanket statement about using the RV as a full time residence that is in the basic Forest River Fifth Wheel Owner's Manual, this is only there because we are usually pretty lenient on what we cover under the warranty during the first year and if you live in the RV 365 days a year, you will experience more wear and tear than your typical RVer because you the items are being used more. Additionally, we would prefer if you had a place to stay if anything ever should happen that would require your RV to be worked on by a Dealership's Service Department or if there would ever be any information we need to send you we would like to have an address where we can send it to.

I have been the Warranty Administrator for Cedar Creek for 3 years and most Cedar Creek owners are full time RVers. In that time, I have never restricted services or warranty because someone lives in their unit full time. Customer satisfaction is my #1 goal, one of the reasons Forest River, Inc. has grown to be the successful RV manufacturer we are today and continues to grow is because we stand behind our product. The new RiverStone product is the top of the line fifth wheel on the market today and we want to make sure we give you the best experience possible with your investment and in your dealings with us.

Sincerely,

Jeff Holmes
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

The FR extended warranty cost and availability depends on what you buy. For example, the second yr warranty is not available on motor homes. It was only $150 on my Sabre and worth every penny. My sabre was the one Tommy talks about that needed a ton of warranty work and 2 return trips to the factory plus repairs at the factory rally for major slide failures and about 40 other issues big and small. It has truly been a headache but FR has stood behind their trailer. They have worked with me to try to make it right and even restarted my warranty last spring basically giving me a 3rd year of warranty. I have been extremely frustrated at times but they have been working with me. Both my dealer and manufacturer have given me things along the way to help ease the pain (not take it away entirely). The thing that got my attention the most was the accessibility and involvement of upper management as well as their commitment to me.

The factory rally is one of a kind. No other manufacturer will repair out of warranty rigs for just the cost of camping at a rally. I have seen them replace a roof, the side wall of a couple of trailers, change out an axle, and rumor has it one owner even got their entire trailer replaced (this one was still under warranty). I had a crew of 2 guys working on my trailer for about 4 days or so. The warranty manager hung out with us for a bit and we got a private tour of the sabre factory as well as a group tour of the Columbus factory and the pdi shop. The scary part is my trailer did go through their pdi facility 3 times and still has issues. Between the bad and good, I give them an F on build quality and an A on customer service. They have since admitted build quality issues with the Sabre and have transferred it from Palomino to the parent company FR and are changing how they are built to fix some of these issues. To give you an idea, my sabre should be considered similar quality level to a cruiser, as you can see it didn't hold up to that level. My zinger was entry level and had better build quality but I had issues getting repairs done when they were needed. Had CR built the cruiser in a floor plan with the Windows I like, we may have ended up with that instead of the sabre 2 yrs ago.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote