Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Hello everyone, as the season is fast ending up north I thought it might be neat to get some best of the season comments from everybody. Mine would have to be the purchase of our first fifth wheel, seeing my 3 year old sons face light up when he discovered his 'secret hideout'loft and sitting on the new deck with some buds and some 'Buds', and last but not least joining this great forum.

Cheers!

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Ours will be in November and December. We are taking the month of November off for a hunting trip and Thanksgiving at some friends farm in East Texas and then it is back for two weeks and then gone again for 2 weeks for Christmas and New Years at an RV resort in Kerrville, Tx. Season never ends down here.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Best of luck with the hunt and hopefully in about 20 years when the little one finishes his schooling we will be able to head south (drooling a little now)

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

My wife wanted to go camp by the ocean, so I made sure the truck was all up to snuff and we went and spent 8 days at the Outer Banks KOA I posted about in the recommended campgrounds section.

We spent our 15th anniversary camped down by the ocean. It was such a good trip, we are going to make it an annual outing.

Of course there was also that big plate of dungenous crab meat that I had on our vacation

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Hmmmmmmmm, so many great memories. I still think my best trip every year is the season opener on a little lake in Maine at the foot of a ski mountian. Littlefield beaches is the place, the first taste of Spring, big fire, great pot-luck meal, crisp nights, great people, and smiling kids
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

As Hunter has said our season never ends here, The longest and best trip was going to Colorado and spent six weeks with my parents 93 and 92 between the two they make a half a person. It was a good trip as I met Costan from the forum, and met several other people from another forum in Oklahoma City. It was for me a lot of miles about 4400 on the truck. Will be going out this week end and than Oct 10th will go out for a week around thanksgiving, and another around the first of the year total it up we or I spent 155 nights in the fifth wheel this year.

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I would have to be our trip to the national parks. We spent a wonderful time visiting the Tetons, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Little Big Horn, and Devils Tower. Debi love talking to the Native American rangers at Little Big Horn and Devils Tower as she is looking into her ancestry to the Indians of South Dakota.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

We are just finishing up our last trip right now. Total of 54 nights for us, pretty much the same as last year. Best moment is split. First would be in early April hooking up and heading out in the middle of a blizzard and heading down to southern Utah to get the season started. Second would be right now. Leaves are changing more every day, big old turkeys strolling through our site, and the campground is about 99% vacant, so it is really peaceful.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

We have 2 great trips every year frist is clearwater N.H. in June and second is Eastern slopes in N.H. to see the fair in Maine. We also get to see Mike and his wife and kids.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Our best trip of the year so far would be spending 12 glorous days in Red River, NM during the last part of July thus avoiding the Texas heat for a few days. The campsite was right on the river that runs through the park. Very relaxing and we didn't want to leave.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

I know this is suppose to be "camping" memories but little league baseball kept us out of the camper a little longer than we expected. My sons 12 year old team won the state of Indiana championship this year and took us to the great lakes regional. Although we came up a little short of the actual little league world series, my sons team did get to play their final little league game on ESPN2.
So now we are set to camp in 2 weeks at Brown County State Park which is always full of memories. Shopping in Nashville for the wife and daughter, mountain biking for me and my son.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Three distinct memories:

Good? Being able to drive 30 minutes to our season lease camp site. After tent camping (average of 30 nights per year) since 1977 and getting our first trailer in 1998, we're ready to leave the trailer parked and commute to do our camping.

Better? Tent camping for the fist time since 1998. We had a great time and it brought back alot of good memories. Also reminded us why we don't miss it

Best? My 2 year old grandson's first weekend camping with just papa and gramma. Great weekend playing games, taking rides on the golf cart, walking, and just hanging out. Had more fun than I thought was possible

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:01 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
It is hard to just pick one when you have three girls that make a different memory every time you go.
Seeing chocolate covered marshmallows being made at the Wolfgang Candy Factory or potato chips at Utz.
Or is it the trip to the Factory Rally with the Amish meals, factory tour and meeting other CrossRoads owners.
Maybe it was the Trip to Washington DC right after school was out back in June. It was hot, but the campground had a great pool and water play area for all ages.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

heres a quick one watching my three kids at hershey park...they had a ball at the campground and at the park. they even grew a little, you know...overcomingthe fear of some of the rides. good times.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

Given the opportunity (thanks to my previous employer)to spend the whole summer with my family. If I recall correctly I think we were home about 7 nights in July and we'll finish the season with close to 60nights in theCF30QB.I was a great summer.

The nightmare of the summer or should I say fall, is nowlooking fora job.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
Seasonal Camper

We didn't have any major, multi-day trips this year like last year. But there were two over nighters that stood out. The first weekend in August my oldest son (14) and I went and spent a night at Kanasket-Palmer State Park. Nice park, but we weren't there for the camping. The park is not too far from the White River Amphitheater were we went to see Rush in concert. What a show. I was aboutmy son'sage the first time I saw Rush play atmy high school back in Toronto. Those guys can still play like it was 1974. And then later in August my wife and I went even further to Eastern Washington tosee Keith Urban atthe Gorge Amphitheater, camping at the Gorge. Only a couple of overnighters, but both times a lot of fun with good music and good times together.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Ok time for a new memory, have the bags packed Hoover and Rainbow have their food and toys ready, (Yes Russ Hoover has a new bandana) going to Jellystone (near here). The best thing is our granddaughter and her mother will be joining us. First camping trip for her. You all have fun see you Sunday night

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

Just got back from our Idaho adventure. Went to parts we hadn't been to before i.e. Souwestern, North Central, Northern, and ending in Central in the Sun Valley area. Good trip, almost trouble free. One of the original Mission tires treads started separating, so replaced it with an Omni from Big O just to get home safely. Will probably puta set of Maxxis on next. It's a bittersweet day as I winterized in preparationfor taking the trailer to our winter storagespot tomorrow. Best memory this year was our March-April trip this spring to catch the wildflower blooms in Borrego Springs, CA and Tucson, AZ. Got great photos and early season tans. Total of 87 nights out this year, up from 82 the year before. Maybe break 100 next season. Texas rally? Starting to think about it! I'll bet Hoover's proud of his new bandana.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:13 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

I think Texas is a great idea for you Russ, I think that you and Joyce will have wayy too much fun with this crowd

Old 10-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #20
Seasonal Camper

Spending a week at Pomme de Terre SP and lake with the family and boat. Lots of water skiing, geocaching, and swimming.

Best part, the new 30SK Patriot with enough insulation and AC to keep us cool in August!!!

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote