Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Redwood snobs......

http://forums.redwood-rv.com/forum_p...-they-the-same

Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Who woulda thunk it!! and here I taught we were all brudders, under the same flag ship, CR.
Those guys seem to actually think they are better then us for some odd reason.
Way I was raised, it didn't make any difference what you owned, or where you worked, everyone was equal.
Times are changing I guess.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I think if I were them I would be less worried about theirprecious Redwoods being associated with the likes of Crossroads and more worried about the comment "Dave" made in his post.

"CEO of Redwood, Tom montague is the past CEO of the bankrupt Carriage."</span>
Old 05-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

This is funny. But this forum on Redwood describes our problem to a tee.... I'm thinking it came from the same place ...after reading on Redwood forum, a lot of similar problems , plus some

http://forums.redwood-rv.com/forum_p...t-worth-a-poop
Rushmore2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Rushmore2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

FIFY

Old 05-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Good grief it is amazing that history is being rewritten in the RV world.
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Again another statement from Redwood user "Dave'.

"I hope that people don't think that Redwood is made or created from a Crossroads unit. Redwood was developed on its own. At the time Redwood didn't have the cash on hand to build anything. How do you build something with no cash and no credit? You find a company who does.........Crossroads!"</span>
</span>
</span>
And if we go back and look at the past it looks like about a year after Redwood opened shop the quality of the Crossroads line began to decline. Cost cutting to feed the Redwood line? Then we jump forward another year and the quality has gotten worse but now the warranty has been cut in half. Cost cutting to feed the Redwood line? Maybe more money is needed for the attempt at the second coming of Carriage. How much can they pull from Crossroads before there is no more left to pull? Just saying....</span>
Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Looks like my comments were deleted... Big surprise.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
I am a Crossroads Redwood owner and a member of this forum, but 1st a born again Christian. My wife and I love camping and fishing, all of our common interest is RVing. I kind of feel left out because I do own a Crossroad RV and don't have a Redwood section on the forum as all other Crossroads brands do. Snobs, really.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Never said a word about you Buddy. As far as that post, I called it like I saw it just like others here did. And as far as getting a Redwood section on this forum good luck. The Crossroads moderator has not been on this forum since the first of the year. We can't even get them to remove spam post anymore. But I see they are keeping up with the Redwood forum. It kind of makes you wonder where they feel like their best interest is.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Never said a word about you Buddy. As far as that post, I called it like I saw it just like others here did. And as far as getting a Redwood section on this forum good luck. The Crossroads moderator has not been on this forum since the first of the year. We can't even get them to remove spam post anymore. But I see they are keeping up with the Redwood forum. It kind of makes you wonder where they feel like their best interest is.
I don't think the Redwood forum is part of Crossroads as to say. I think it is operated from the Redwood Headquarters. Actually I like my RV, but will be looking at the Crossroads Carriage Cameowhen it comes out. That's what I originally wanted before they stopped making it. A few more months.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

We are currently looking at full time units and if Carriage was still in business we would be looking at a Cameo. We are looking at the Lifestyles since they are now built by old Carriage employees to the same standards as they were before. I would not even consider the "New Carriage" because it will in no way be anything like the old was. It will be Carriage in name only. If you want a unit built like the Cameo was I would suggest you look at the Lifestyles. They even have the same floor plans as the original Carriage did. They are getting excellent reviews.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Quote:
We are currently looking at full time units and if Carriage was still in business we would be looking at a Cameo. We are looking at the Lifestyles since they are now built by old Carriage employees to the same standards as they were before. I would not even consider the "New Carriage" because it will in no way be anything like the old was. It will be Carriage in name only. If you want a unit built like the Cameo was I would suggest you look at the Lifestyles. They even have the same floor plans as the original Carriage did. They are getting excellent reviews. Â*
I have 4 and a half years left on my structural warranty with Redwood and a year and a half left on the bumper to bumper. I'll see what out there then.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

I checked out the Lifestyle website. Nice looking rigs and, if you can take their website at its word, they appear to be well constructed. I can't help but wonder how long they will be able to survive against the Thors, Keystones, and Forest Rivers of the world if they are an upstart company of former Carriage employees. I would like to think that if they stay true to their mission and build a quality product and back it up, they will do well.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969

I checked out the Lifestyle website. Nice looking rigs and, if you can take their website at its word, they appear to be well constructed. I can't help but wonder how long they will be able to survive against the Thors, Keystones, and Forest Rivers of the world if they are an upstart company of former Carriage employees. I would like to think that if they stay true to their mission and build a quality product and back it up, they will do well.
Excel as far as roofs has the best, they have a one piece Rhino roof with a lifetime warranty
Old 06-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #17
Site Team

I don't think the Redwood forum is part of Crossroads as to say. I think it is operated from the Redwood Headquarters. Actually I like my RV, but will be looking at the Crossroads Carriage Cameowhen it comes out. That's what I originally wanted before they stopped making it. A few more months.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that.

The last I knew, Redwood had the same moderator/forum admin. as CR did. That would be bplunkett. It's just that he never makes an apperance here on the CR forum any more.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Family Vacation Member

Hey Buddy !Welcome. I am sure someone will address your question.. Think Redwood had its own site, but don't quote on that?. We are newbies to the site from Lafayette .. Maybe we will meet in the parks!Redwood has a beautiful unit. Our next door NB f had a FL plan .. Wow.. Enjoy

Old 06-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore2011
Hey Buddy !Welcome. I am sure someone will address your question.. Think Redwood had its own site, but don't quote on that?. We are newbies to the site from Lafayette .. Maybe we will meet in the parks!Redwood has a beautiful unit. Our next door NB f had a FL plan .. Wow.. Enjoy
Yes, they do have there own site, however I don't feel like we should and would rather be on Crossroads forum with everyone else that owns a Crossroad product, Carriage should be as well. I see the same split up in Churches over the same little things, our common goal is Camping. I'll drink a cup of coffee with anybody.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore2011
Yes, they do have there own site, however I don't feel like we should and would rather be on Crossroads forum with everyone else that owns a Crossroad product, Carriage should be as well. I see the same split up in Churches over the same little things, our common goal is Camping. I'll drink a cup of coffee with anybody.

I was in Carencro Saturday picking my Redwood up from a check-up, I bought it from Primeaux RV. I started to stop at Cajun Palms, my nephew is there now, but didn't make reservations.