Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

<div style="clear: both;">

Indiana Rep. Tim Neese, R-Elkhart, has authored legislation to boost recreational vehicle sales in both Elkhart County and throughout Indiana. According to a report in the Goshen News, the bill would exempt sales tax of RVs and cargo trailers for nonresident purchasers who take their new RV purchase out of Indiana.

According to Neese, the bill would exempt from the state’s 7% sales tax on any RV or cargo trailer transported out of Indiana for registration or use in another state.

“The bill’s intent is to bolster Indiana’s RV sales and keep the revenue in Indiana,� Neese said. “Creating an incentive for customers outside of Indiana to purchase RVs in our state will hopefully attract added customers to Indiana RV retailers, strengthening Elkhart County and the state of Indiana’s economy.�

Under current law, Indiana RV and cargo trailer dealers are required to collect the 7% sales tax for sales to nonresidents who plan to register their RV in a state that does not provide reciprocal drive-out exemptions.

“Elkhart County is a nationwide leader in RV manufacturing. We don’t want to penalize those from out of state who are giving Indiana business or lose dollars that could be coming into Indiana,� Neese said. “This is an important issue for RV retailers. My hope is that this will be one step closer to boosting sales for Indiana businesses, to strengthen our economy and provide job opportunities for hard working Hoosiers.�

Neese said the bill is supported by the Indiana Manufactured Housing Association and the Recreational Vehicle Indiana Council.

The bill was read and referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Sounds like I will it when trading my good old CF29CK 2006...

Edited by: danshula

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

As a NH State Representative, I should point out that there is no sales tax in NH.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
Site Team

If any of the other states are like WI., you will have to pay the sales tax when you register the RV, and purchase a license. MT. has touted the no sales tax gimmick for years.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote