Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
Site Team

Rain in TX.

Johnboytoo,
Thought I had better check on you to see if you are able to keep everything above water down there?
Have they had to remove any alligators from your yard?

In all seriousness tho, it sounds like some of you folks down there have gotten more rain then you need.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Thanks for thinking of us...
but if we get water, ALL of Texas is in trouble .....

But, we just made some new friends when we went to Lake Conroe KOA that had bought some nice riverside property....

Thank goodness they bought it to house their full time NICE motorhome, they moved to the nice KOA for a while...

We were actually staying at The Vineyards over Thanksgiving weekend with some friends and when they told us no sewer because of the rising water we were watching come up to our site, that the electricity was in danger too...
we bailed... and sure enough, they closed again https://www.facebook.com/vineyardscg/

Thanks again and let me be the first (maybe) to say Merry Christmas !
(we were decorating today ! have to figure out a wreath for the back of my jeep )
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Here in Central Tx rain has been minimal since Halloween. But that is when our son's house flooded. Had to remove lower sheetrock, flooring and cabinets. We just about have it repaired, repainted, new flooring, trim, cabinets and countertops. Just waiting on the last of the kitchen cabinets to be delivered. The family should be in their home for Christmas.

Lake Travis is at 89% and I can see it from my house rather than having to walk to the edge of a bluff and look at a trickle of water. Will probably be full this spring. But heavy rain just about anywhere in the state will result in more flooding.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Wow, I was just looking at a video of a boat (yacht) on Lake Travis that was beached 100's of yards for the water !!!

and Sometimes Island In March when it was at 36% full !!!

I can sympathize with them having lived on a street named River Road years ago... flood insurance was mandatory !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote