Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

On Monday a Holiday Rambler motor home rolled through the stop sign when exiting the interstate, causing me to slam on my brakes so that I wouldn't hit him and then driving 45 in a 55 mph zone. Here I am three days later and I'm still irritated. Fortunately the ST wasn't being towed. Had he stopped he would have had to wait for two vehicles.

I'm not upset about someone choosing to drive 10 mph under the posted speed limit I am PO'd that some one intentionally rolled through the stop sign. That may work in some remote and backwoods places I've visited, but not in heavily populated areas. Perhaps I'm naive, but I have too much respect for life and property to do that myself. I've made plenty of stupid mistakes driving but I haven't courted potential disaster intentionally.

I hope kharma delivers a broken transmission that driver. He certainly deserves it.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Al, I hear you and I see it every day. I watched a guy blow through a 4 way stop the other day because the dumb*** was busy texting on his phone. Thank God no one was at the intersection when he went through because he was also running about 10 mph over the 30 mph speed limit. I hope karma delivers him aconcrete wall....
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

How did Forrest Gump put it, "Stupid is as stupid does"? He is probably one of those people who think right turn on red is ok without stopping to yield to thru traffic.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

let me count the ways....if there is stupidity while driving, I sweaqr I've seen it all...then, another stupid trick.
"there is no prescription for stupid"
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

During our last trip to Colorado I figured out the double stripe on a two lane road means to pass at full throttle and expect the on coming traffic to yield for you. I was happy to yield for the person coming at me head on, I just did not have anywhere to go. Thankfully other were paying attention and let the driver back into the correct lane of traffic.

2012 Crossroads Cruiser 31QB

B&W Companion Hitch

martinstwopopfarm is offline   Reply With Quote