Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Spent Memo. weekend, saw a Cruiser and 3 PP's there.

Selling sites for 12,000.

Pictures on their website looked nice....then I got there.

Packed in like sardines, bug control non-existant, couldn't sit outside even in the beautiful weather.

Saturday night about 2AM thought I was going to have to break up a fight about 4 sites over. There was another party to the other side of me seveal sites away.

I think the site owners think they are above the 10PM quiet time.

Definitely one ofmy worst campingexperiences, or maybe the worst.

Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Sorry about the disappointing weekend. We no longer go out on Memorial Day weekend for that exact reason. Around here it seems like too many people grab a tent, a cooler and an abundance of adult beverages and set-up for the weekend. I don't have anything against tents, coolers or adult beverages but on Memorial Day that combination seems to lead to a certain level of rowdiness that I just choose to avoid. We stay home andload up the cooler on the deck,grill out, play volleyball and cornholein the back yard and use the extra time to get the camper ready for the summer! Yes, sometimes we are loud but my neighbors know what kind of moron I am and they have come to expect it.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Tom I'm sorry we were so loud. I told her one more time and she was going to get it. She just would not listen
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Don't make me kick the barking dog or slap the yapping kids.

mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Classic sorry to hear about your weekend. I'm starting to form the opinion that campgrounds with a heavy seasonal crowd are worst for noise and just overall busyness. Also, I’m finding that heavy seasonal campgrounds tend to have many more golf carts driving always driving around. I don’t get people who just want to drive around the same loop day after day, hour after hour. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><O:P></O:P>

_popupControl();Edited by: salda01

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Lonnie, we had the same problem when we lived in Ohio. On the holiday weekends, more often then not we would come home disappointed because our campground neighbors were inconsiderate. Then we started to only stay at a state parks for holiday weekends. What a turn around it was for us. The Ohio state park system is in my opinion the best I've seen, and your located very close to some of the best parks in the state. The rangers at the parks aren't afraid to enforce the rules and quiet times, which makes for a lot better weekend. Private campgrounds tend to be more loose with the rules as they are afraid if they disipline a customer, they will get a bad name. I wish Oklahoma had a state park system as good as Ohio has.

Sparky Dachshund/Beagle & doxi's Sami & Dexter

Cruiser CF29BT, 08 F250, Lariat

https://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...250DESKTOP.jpg

dsaalease is offline   Reply With Quote