Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

As I set here I remember in 1965 I was on a ship going to an exotic land, and it was one of the most lonely Christmas I ever had. I would like to take this time, to thank all those who are in the armed service, doing their duty, so we may enjoy our freedom, and our family's in the holiday season. Thank You to your family's who also are making the great sacrafice of you all being away. We are here to support you in any way that we can and in our own way to say thank you, have a great holiday and a fantastic New Year, and may this time next year see you home with your loved ones..

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Frank, Thank you for your service to this country.

It is people like you that make this the greatest country in the world !!! Thanks to all who have served past and present !
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I also thank you for your service to this wonderful country! This is the reason we can still celebrate Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all!!

2008 F150 4.2L V6 yes a V6

2009 Zinger 19RD
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Thanks Frank....been there done that in 1954, 1955.

Thankfully, my gradson arrived from Iraq to Ramstein Air Force base and hometo spend Christmas with the family.

I now that at sometime all of you have prayed for our service people....thank you, your prayers have helped keep him safe.Edited by: seabee
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I'd like to thank the true American heroes likeCol. Robert Lewis Howard, Retired US Army, of Waco.</span>
</span>
Why Colonel Howard? He was nominated three times for the Medal of Honor and was awarded the honor by President Nixon in 1971. He was awarded eight Purple Hearts after being wounded 14 times in 54 months of combat duty in Vietnam.</span>
</span>
Colonel Howard served our country for 50 years with extreme honor and distinction. You may only receive the Medal on Honor one time in your life. He was nominate 3 separate occasions. Thank you Colonel Howard for your proven selfless service to our nation. Our condolences to your family. We truly lost a great American hero today!</span>
</span>
</span>

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Walt congrats on having the Grandson home with you for Christmas Spoil him rotten and thank him for me Frank

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Frank, thanks for the service and the post. As a Navy veteran, '61 to '65, I would like to thank all those that have served and are now serving, especially those in harms way. I have a son-in-law who is a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer, and his daughter, my granddaughter, is currently serving as a Navy Corpsman. God bless our military and all veterans!!!
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

second that, papa.

Will do, Frank
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote