Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Where are you going for the Thanksgiving holiday As many of you know we generally leave on Thursday Am and head out. This year we are spending That Thursday with our Granddaughter. Because of this we will be leaving Friday Am going to Abita Springs La for the rest of the week end. If you are in the area come on by and visit a while, and lift an Abita or two

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Camping in Massachussetts to see the in-laws.

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Going to daughters house, which is just three blocks from here. This is her first holiday in her first house - so she gets to be the hostess!! (Wife and I are thinking about leaving the front door open, the lights on, fridge open...not really.)
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Taking the camper on Saturday and heading to Alabama to see my son for the week. We haven't seen him since he left for law school at the end of July. I can't get there soon enough! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

12 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
MajandMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Spending Thanksgiving on the campus of Auburn University. Big game on Friday Alabama vs Auburn.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Oh big SEC week end, Vue Qube arrived today, will have to get it running early Friday. Janet daughter graduated from Auburn, her husband Alabama, Janet Old Miss Her sister Vandie My brother doctor From University of Florida, Teaches at Miss State, My Daughter Graduated from LSU, Her husband Georgia. Brother in Law SOut Carolina. Me when it comes to the SEC I go for the University of Northwestern GO Wildcats ( It is alot safer for me)

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:13 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Frank-

How many cases of Abita are you bringing back with you?

Speaking of college football, wish the Utah Utes had played TCU the way they played Alabama back in January. Whole different team, whole different outcome. Looks like TCU will be the BCS Bowl Buster this year. Don't expect them to stumble in their last two games. Although, playing at Wyoming this time of year can present a challenge depending on the weather. At least it's good for the Mountain West Conference again. Hope the Utes go to the Poincettia Bowl. I prefer San Diego to Breckenridge in late December.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Russ there will be several cases coming back. My sister is a TCU Grad she is excited about them. Janet among the many teams she supports is the Longhorns She is rather vocal on this one) As far as San Diego goes I think the chances of snow are slim to none while Joyce will have to put up with several feet of the white stuff by then

Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I was wanting to spend Thanksgiving in the CG. The kids are off school on the 30th so would have even allowed for an extra day. But the wife is insisting on staying home and hosting her family at our house this year. Wants to show off her new kitchen..

I guess our next trip out won't be until mid to late January when the eagles show up on the Skagit River. I just got a new lens for my camera so want to get some good pic's.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
We always have a big Thanksgiving Day breakfast at our house for our daughters and their families and our mothers. We don't usually leave to go south until Christmas but are considering going earlier this year. Last year we got caught in snow and 20 below weather going through Iowa and the year before got caught in a blizzard and had to get off I35 when they closed it down. The weather was so bad we had to go clear to I10 to go west to California. Sure don't want to have such bad weather again.

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote