Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Thor reports $36.4 mill Net Income 1st Quarter

"Dec. 2nd, 2013 Thor Industries filing w/ the SEC reported Revenue of $800 mill; w/ Net Income $36.4 mill for 1st Quarter {WOW! Thats $3.2 billion a year! & Net of $145.6 Million}

Thor's 1st Quarter Towable RV segment was $662.9 mill (83%), (& was short of their expectations!)

BackLog; Thor's Towable RV sagment BackLog (Ordered but not yet built) in terms of absolute dollars was up 13.5% $49.9 mill to $419.8 mill, 1st Q."

And we feel(HOPE) Thor / Cross Roads will be concernded w/ our RV. A $55K to $125K Trailer doesn't seem much when their Revenue is $800 mill; w/ Net Income $36.4 mill. Worse, backlog of ordered units is UP (not down!) almost $420 mill , , , DARNN!

And we believe they'll care about each built yesterday & sold towable RV owner??

Old 12-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

They have some of my hard earned dollars...
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

with all that extra money , maybe they can hire a quality dept>>>or maybe some inspectors...

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
with all that extra money , maybe they can hire a quality dept>>>or maybe some inspectors...
American Companies don't work like that any more. The more money the company makes, first priority is not to pay their employees better, or to improve on the quality of their product, or make sure their shareholders are WELL taken care of, it is to make sure the CEO,CFO,COO, and all the other BIG SHOTS in the company get their pound of flesh.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
Site Team

I founded Airstream Forums in 2002 and over the last years there have been some quality control issues that owners were struggling with. It seemed for a while that the quality was spiraling down the toilet but fortunately they got their act together and we hear about much less issues these days. The manufacturers are in a tough situation when the market dries up like it did during this past recession. They have to cut costs as much as possible which might trickle down because you need extra people to monitor the QC and that can get expensive when you are running in the red. Hopefully, as business picks up, the increase in revenues provides all RV manufacturers to increase their quality.

It's my understanding the RV industry trails the auto industry by about 10 years. Look back at an early 2000s vehicle and then go to a showroom and look at the vehicles of today. I am hoping we will see the same improvements in RVs in the decade ahead.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Crossroads seems to care a lot more than SOB's. They count on repeat business from folks like us to keep those dollars flowing in.

Almost any RV brand/type has issues. We haven't had too much trouble...and I will be less upset about spending $19K and having an issue than I would had I spent $190K. We purchased another Crossroads because the quality was there and, based on forum posts and experience, they DO stand behind the product.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I had a couple issues with my 305sk in the first few months. But I can tell you that Im very pleased now. I work all over 4 states and live in mine for months at a time in below zero weather , 114 degree weather, storms , and any thing else you can imagine. after those first problems I have not had a single issue.