Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Inside projects

When it is too cold outside, I work on house projects. We are working on the basement right now, cleaning up, put up a couple of walls, replacing old florescent lights with LEDs. When it gets warmer, I am going to replace the RV lights with leds.

This spring I have a big project. I have a park model trailer that a tree fell on and the back room has to be ripped out and rebuilt. My 17 year old son wants to move into it.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #22
New Camper

I wait for the Holidays to be over with and head to Myrtle Beach Travel Park...I am from the Tug Hill region in NY and am so happy I am not there right now...tons & tons of Lake Effect snow. 60 and sunny here in S. Carolina today and not a snow flake in sight!
AF Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:03 PM   #23
Site Team

Nice hobby work. Y'all are producing things you can really be proud of. I am also a model train lover. I have plans to build an N scale layout some day. I also have a huge collection of Marklin 1 gauge trains that I inherited from my dad.

Currently, I've been spending a lot of free time with another hobby, photography. One of my photographs recently won grand prize in the Virginia State Parks First Day Hikes photo contest. I've already spent some of the $500 Virginia State Parks gift certificate on camping reservations for later this year.

To enter the contest, you had to take a photograph at one of the state parks on January 1st and then submit it to the contest before midnight that evening. I got up at 5 am and drove 155 miles to photograph Natural Bridge, one of Virginia's newest state parks. It was privately owned until a few years ago.

Here is a link to the contest winners: First Day Hikes 2019 Contest Winners

A framed copy of my photo is on display this month in the ArtWorks art gallery in Richmond. Here is a low resolution copy of the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Natural Wonder_small.jpg (477.8 KB, 13 views)

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

I recognized the Natural Bridge right away. I’ve been there a couple of times. Congrats.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:20 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
When it's this cold out, it's a bad time for me. I've had the itch for a new 5th wheel. The big catch with that is it has to fit thru my 12ft. tall door on the storage shed. That has proven to be a daunting task. Seems like anything I like, is to tall. So far what I've seen out there that I would be able to back in the shed, I wouldn't trade what we now have for it.

So I have been working on a couple laptops. I've got a really nice Acer I bought before windows 10 came out. I converted it over to 10 from 7, but it just didn't like 10. There was always a problem of one kind or another. So finally I switched it over to Linux for a operating system. Runs like a champ now. Then I got a couple solid state drives and installed one in the big Acer. WOW, did that ever speed things up. Worked so nice I did the same thing on this Dell laptop. It's just unbelievable how fast these load and move now. Two more to go. That will probably get me pretty close to some warmer weather.
Well, my winter time project finally came to a completion today. YAAA!!
Four hard drives swapped out for SSD'S. Two laptops switched over to Linux, and the desktop got 16 gigs of ram today. Up from 4 gigs.
That has really made for some nice upgrades.
Now I can go to work on the camper.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:49 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

I still go camping cause I like to lol. The white tent is our camper complete with forced air propane furnace.
IMG_1948.jpg
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:39 PM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisK View Post
Nice hobby work. Y'all are producing things you can really be proud of. I am also a model train lover. I have plans to build an N scale layout some day. I also have a huge collection of Marklin 1 gauge trains that I inherited from my dad.

Currently, I've been spending a lot of free time with another hobby, photography. One of my photographs recently won grand prize in the Virginia State Parks First Day Hikes photo contest. I've already spent some of the $500 Virginia State Parks gift certificate on camping reservations for later this year.

To enter the contest, you had to take a photograph at one of the state parks on January 1st and then submit it to the contest before midnight that evening. I got up at 5 am and drove 155 miles to photograph Natural Bridge, one of Virginia's newest state parks. It was privately owned until a few years ago.

Here is a link to the contest winners: First Day Hikes 2019 Contest Winners

A framed copy of my photo is on display this month in the ArtWorks art gallery in Richmond. Here is a low resolution copy of the photo.
That is a fantastic photo, nicely done!

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:19 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 660catman View Post
I still go camping cause I like to lol. The white tent is our camper complete with forced air propane furnace.
Attachment 3756

Quite a setup. Looks like maybe a little ice fishing?
Old 04-29-2019, 06:27 AM   #29
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Quite a setup. Looks like maybe a little ice fishing?
Thanks! We do a lot of fishing too. Longest we have been out was 5 nights. I built 2 of these campers so 4 guys can go. Lots of work, lots of prep but lots of fun too!
Old 04-29-2019, 09:43 AM   #30
Site Team

What material did you use on the tent? Is it a insulated fabric?
Old 04-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #31
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
What material did you use on the tent? Is it a insulated fabric?
Had a professional tent and awning company sew it and used non waterproof canvas tent material. It is fully insulated. It breathes so no condensation buildup inside. It was -30's Celsius when we first tested it for it's limit and our limit too. Most times its no worse than -10 Celsius when we plan our trips.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #32
Site Team

I figured it had to be made of something like that. I know when I have been out in really cold temps, my clam would be solid frost inside.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #33
Seasonal Camper

The Clam in the picture is what we use for the kitchen. Have table and propane stove setup in there. It can get pretty frosty as it’s an old uninsulated one.