Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

So we got our 41' Destination trailer about a month ago and Saturday night the power goes out. Not all the power, lights were dimly lit, tv still worked, some lights worked at half power - it was very strange. Had several guys in the campgrounds come over and we trial and errored abunch of things and nothing worked. Finally, we decided to swap out the 1 month old interstate battery and what do you know, everything lit up and the AC kicked on and it was fine.

So, the question is, what is happening? What is draining the battery or not recharging the battery? The inverter? I don't even know what an inverter is, but somebody said that it could be the inverter.

To top it off, we called the dealer where we got the RV and they don't have anyone who can come look at it - I guess we are on our own and have to find our own person to come diagnose and repair and then we submit the receipt to crossroads? Is that correct or how do you guys handle warranty work if you can't take it in? It's a 41' trailer and it stays at the campsite.

Thanks everyone!

Marc
mcp6530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

A park model is expected to be setup and forget it. Your dealer shouldn't be selling park models if they don't have a traveling repair service. In fact, I can't recall a local dealer to me who doesn't have one! So here is what I'd do, call your local dealer and have them contract out to a local traveling repair service. Crossroads will pay for the warranty, your dealer can pay the premium to the traveling repair service.

Your second option is to call Crossroads, tell them your dealer sold you a unit they can't service and you want to call a traveling repair service to correct the defect. Either way I wouldn't darken the dealers door again after this snafu.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote