Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
New Camper

Wink 12 volt Bath Lights quit working

Hello. My wife and I recently retired and purchased a 2007 Cruiser. We have been extremely happy with it. However, on our last three week trip, the bath lights and vent quit working after a week. I checked the fuse and it's ok. Lights are not burned out, wiring to the vent is connected. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Is there another fuse/breaker somewhere other then the main fuse/circuit breaker panel inside the trailer?
jkreiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

If there is a wall switch, try swapping it out for one that is known to work. The switch may be corroded.
2006 Ford F-250 6.0L

logicsrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Have your battery checked also. Without a good fully charged battery you will have those problems,

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Check your GFI's
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #5
Site Team

GFI's are for 120 volts

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Probably a loose connection because it is odd they both quit at the same time. If you are sure the fuses are good (your not confusing fuses and circuit breakers?) then its time to check for 12 volts at the light switch and at the fan connection wire next to the fan motor. What model RV do you have? If your 2007 is like my 2007 then you have lights over the vanity and also on the ceiling. Are ANY of these lights working?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #7
Site Team

I agree with Stan.
You might also want to check to make sure the ground is OK.
That is a notorious problem.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I just had this problem before I traded my RV. It turned out to be the switch that runs the fan in the ceiling vent. Look at all the conections when you change the switch. Mine didnt look to good.My lights started to flicker then went out. I have learned over time that wall switches, roof vent covers, extra sewer hose, short propane hose that goes from tank to regulator,bulbs,and fuses are things to put in a box and keep in your storage compartment.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #9
New Camper

Thank you all for the responses. Today, I checked the switches - all good but no power. The batteries were both fully charged. The fuse was good - I switched it with the rear circuit and the rear circuit worked but the bath still did not.

I think I have it narrowed down to either a bad ground or the converter. I'm thinking the converter because (let me know if I am wrong) when pull the fuse for the bath, the light indicating on OPEN lights up. Wouldn't that light up if the ground was bad?
Old 02-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #10
New Camper

Stan - yes, we have the same set up. None of the lights you mentioned are working...
Old 02-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

JK...I would not jump to the converter being bad just yet. The red light on the converter lights whenever there is an "open" on the fuse or the fuse is pulled out. If the switch doesn't have power I would still look for a loose connection. Not knowing how CR ran the wires is an issue. I would start at the converter and make sure you have 12v at the fuse "output" side screw. Then you need to follow that wire somehow. Keep in mind it may not go directly to the switch. They may have made the joint behind the vanity light and THEN run a wire to the switch. With CR there is no way to know for sure. I found a wire splice IN the wall to next to the water heater that was loose. Luckily there was a small hole where I could see the wire nuts and found the bad connection. Following the 12v trail will be the hard part. You will need a voltmeter. If you think it is a bad ground, that is easy enough to check - one voltmeter lead to the 12v hot wire and ground the other lead to a known good metal ground . If you have 12v but not when you connect the lead to the ground wire then you probably have a bad ground.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote