Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

12v outlets?

Has anyone added 12v outlets to their 28FB? Lack of 110v outlets is our only complaint. We stayed in ours 35 nights last year, only 2 were in a campground. We boondock!

One mod we did was get a Larin fish/game cleaning table that has a sink/faucet in it and hooked that up to the outside shower. Great add, very handy to have a sink outside!

I'm still looking for a good cheap LED alternative.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN2MOAB View Post
Has anyone added 12v outlets to their 28FB? Lack of 110v outlets is our only complaint. We stayed in ours 35 nights last year, only 2 were in a campground. We boondock!
I think you mean lack of 12V outlets, don't you? Since you boondock, you probably need more of them. I would run a heavy pair of wires, (perhaps speaker wires in a heavy gauge, like 12 or 10ga) right from the battery. I would fuse the positive lead with about a 20 or 25 amp fuse. I'd run it under the frame, protected in wrap, to a place near the "patio" where you sit, i.e. near the door. For an outdoor mounted outlet. From there I'd find a convenient place to enter the cabin, maybe where a water line or an electrical line already enters. Then, inside, I'd mount a heavy, dual-12V-outlet. I would not run only the positive, and trust the metal ground for a return. Not worth it, IMHO, I'd have good clean copper all the way to the battery.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote