Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi there,

Wondering if any other owners have encountered one of these two problems:

#1 Slit on side wall,one inch fromrim, about 1 1/2 in , on back right rear.

These are original Mission tires (ST 225 75/15) (Aug. 2006 ) with about 15,000 mi.and tread measuring 7/32nd. Not travelling till replaced.

....could this be adefective tire ?

....age related ?

....picked up something on road ?

#2Decal cracking?? ...only this one strip ....bottom left side....others all okayon left and right side...even front decals.

...wondering what may have caused this ?

Thanks for your advice in advance,

Dave

North Bay Ontario
daveoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I would guess the slit is caused by debris on the road. If it is just one cut that would be my guess. The decal might be defective? Look close to be sure the crack is just in the decal and not also in the fiberglass siding. I have heard of the siding cracking (not necessarily on CR products) and that would "break" the decal. If the siding is cracked then I would suspect a frame problem that is stressing the siding. My guess is that the decal is just cracked.
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I had a similar problem with the decals on my PP with them cracking. It started with the red and now the silver/gray are going too. I called CR and they said I could replace them but would not pay to have someone remove the old ones and put on the new ones. So I will remove them as they get worse and have a white box on wheels soon. This has been one of two negative problems with CR.

Hope you have better luck with CR
Old 07-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks Lonnie,

Checked the siding ..no cracks....so think that the decals are just defective/old...yet only two are that way. Called C.R. and talked to Andy....she said to send pictures and she'd see what she could do.

As for the tire...replaced it with the spare so tires are still matched (Missions) Will watch the other 3 closely...maybe it was a isolated case.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Dave O'Neil

North Bay Ontario
Old 07-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #5
New Camper

Hi George,

Called Andy at C.R. .... she said to send pictures and she that she would see what she could do about the decals...maybe it is only time before the rest start to crack.

Also asked ...what could cause this and anything I could do to prevent further cracking.Will keep you posted.

You did say ...that was the 2nd problem with the Crossroad trailer....I'm curious ....what was the other?

Thanks again for your info and advice.

Dave O'Neil

North Bay Ontario
Old 07-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

george,

i have a part time sign company that i run out of my garage. if crossroads supplys you with new decals i can talk you through the install process. it is very simple to do. if you want to remove yours just put a little heat (heat gun or hair dryer) and pull them off. i then use a citrus base 3M aerosol adhesive remover. i've tried everything...everything. spray it on the adhesive...wait 1 minute then sray again...wait 15 seconds then use a rubber squeegee. then clean area with denatured alcohol.its the best.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote