Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
New Camper

2010 Crossroads Zinger

I purchased a used 2010 Crossroads Zinger Destination trailer on a permanent site last year and had a few weeks of enjoyment with it. Had it winterized and now will be visiting it on a permanent site this weekend. The owners manual I think is missing some information. My biggest question is: I don't see a fill or drain for a water tank only have city water hookup and that is hooked up all the time. When I flush the system am I flushing the water tank and pipes or just pipes? Also I can use electric or propane for water heater which one is best. I pay for electricity and propane on site?
Marilynjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I am not positive but I don't think the Destination rigs came with water tanks. If correct, when you flush, (I assume you mean the pink anti-freeze from the winterization process) you will be flushing everything from the pump to the faucets with the exception of the water heater which should be empty and still bypassed. If you do have a water tank, the tank is not part of the flushing process. I prefer using electric to heat my water but then I am in campgrounds and the electricity is free! I would run the propane side every now and then just to keep it clear of bugs and to ensure it is working properly.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
New Camper

2010 Crossroads Zinger

Yes I am flushing the pink antifreeze out of the system and yes the hot water heater is bypassed. When you say pump where would that be I am always hooked up to city water pressure and have never heard a pump run and if there is one I don't know where it is. As I said I think the owners manual is missing information. Thanks
Old 04-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #4
Site Team

If you don't have a water tank on the destination trailer, I don't think you would have a water pump either. There wouldn't be any need for it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #5
New Camper

Thanks everyone I just wanted to be sure.