Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi all. I'm no longer living in my trailer and would like to cover it. The hot Utah sun is really killing the graphics on the right side. I haven't researched covers yet but figured I would start here and see if anyone has experience with what covers are good. I have a 2004 Cruiser 29RK 5th wheel. I need something that can stand up to strong winds. We get a lot of strong spring time winds here with averages in the high 20's to low 30's some days with highs up into the 50's. Most of the strongest winds come from the SE and hit the trailer head on as it is currently parked.
mark1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I think most will tell you covers are not recommended. I covered a previous rig and the winds caused the cover to rub the paint off and rubber roof to wear. If you do decide to cover it, spend some $$ and get a good one that breathes well. A better idea is to store it (if possible) inside an RV storage building or at least under a roof structure.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

"with highs up into the 50's. Most of the strongest winds come from the SE and hit the trailer head on as it is currently parked". You stated the reason I would not cover your unit. The cover could cause more damage than if left uncovered.</span>
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks guys, I had wondered if abrasion would be a problem. Along with the wind comes a lot of blowing dust/dirt so that would probably work it's way up in everything and cause even more abrasion so I guess I will leave it be. I wish I had a roof or indoor storage but that's not really an option at this point.

mark1974 is offline   Reply With Quote