Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Agreed Value Insurance - Allied dropping my coverage

I got a letter from Allied/Nationwide insurance in the recent past that Nationwide will no longer provide agreed value insurance on my Seville. I'm off looking for new insurance before the current coverage ends in May.

I've called agents for National General, Nationwide, Farm Bureau Insurance, Blue Sky, and a bunch of others. I've sent requests for quotes from Geico, Progressive, USAA (Progressive), and AARP-Hartford. It looks like Progressive will do agreed value but I'm not real enamored with them but if I have to go that way, then I may.

Any suggestions on someone else to try? Is anyone else having this same issue? My understanding is that Allied wants out of the RV business (that came from a Allied agent).

Thanks
2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

You might want to try Liberty Mutual. I have had them for my TT for two years now. The policy premium was minimal. I had a significant claim in 2015 and no problem in having it repaired without an increase in premium. They cover my home, autos, and TT.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

stay away from progressive. I significant damage to my motor coach. Two agents , in my opinion, "low balled" the repaired estimate for over 6 months, forcing me to find a different repair facility. then to add injury, the they doubled my premium and changed my deductible $250.00 to $3500.00, yes, not a typo, $3500.00.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Seabee, while Progressive may have the coverage, I'm just not likely to do business with them.

I talked to Liberty Mutual today & they don't do agreed value. I did get a call from Good Sam (where I got the original insurance) to talk tomorrow.

I have to go to a Geico office to do any more research with them.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I have all my insurance with Amica and have never had a claim issue, been with them for 50 years. Check them out, I'm sure you will be pleased.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I talked to Good Sam again today & got (and signed up) with National General. I was able to get agreed value through them.

I'll look into Amica and probably look at including all my coverage there just to compare to what I have now elsewhere.