Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We have a dometic Refrig in our Zinger, Last year we had the recall fixed on the Gas. I have notice that the fridge doesn't keep as cold anymore. I have a thermometer in the fridge and it reads on the boarder. I have noticed that milk for instance won't last as long., i usually use the fridge on electric. I also have the slide on the fin all the way to coldest. Does anyone have any suggestions,

Help!!!!!!!

Also how do I find out if the seals are dried up. I have extended warranty on the unit , but it does not cover the seals...........

Thanks

2017 Thor Windsport
36' Motorhome
Pulling 2018 Ford Flex
usolm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

None of the RV refrigerators that I have had cool as well on electric as they did on gas. With. this type of unit, the more heat you put in the more cool you get out.

By the seals, I assume you refer to the door seals. The best way I know of to check them is to feel them. If they are pliable and not cracked they are probably OK. Check the fit by puting a dollar bill in the area of the seal on the frig. Close the door on the dollar and try to pull it out. You should feel some resistance. If it just falls out you have a poor seal and need to see if the door can be aligned better. Check this way completely around the door.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote