Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Folks: Just bought and received a 2012 335SS last week and after reading the varoius posts on problems on the jensen antenna and various cable hookups this is what I found for the satellite and antenna and cable hookups;

a) cat woman - Have you connected the cable feed into the cable connection in the cargo bay - i.e not connected into the satelitte connection by mistake?

b) have you switches the switch to cable in your entertainemnt area and are you connected to your TV with an RG6 cable? ( RG6 cable shouldn't make a differnce but better to be safe than sorry- note that the connection from the jensen antenna is an RG6 cable.

What I found: I was having no reception from the antenna and I noticed that the radio in the on- borad jensen stereo was getting static when I switched from Air to cable with the switch on the wall - note that the radio in the stereo also uses the antenna to get its signal and the switch should be switch to Air on the splitter when using the radio.

Due to the interference I took the splitter plate off the wall and looked at the connections to the various cables to the splitter plug. All of the RG6 connectors were loose ( I screwed them back together) and none of the connectors were covered properly ( i.e fully covered / enclosed) in the rubber insulating sleeves. Tightened up all connectors and slipped up the rubber insulating sleeves to cover all the metal connectors so that metal connector to metal connector would not touch once they were back in the wall.

CAREFULLY put all the connectors back inside the wall ( there isn't a lot of room but it is doable - go slow and have patience) and screwed the plate back to the wall ( careful screws don't touch the cables).

result: I now get beatiful cable ( it was very bad before) and get clear radio and get 7 TV channels from the antenna - where before I had 1 very fuzzy channel.

Bottom line: I think the components of the system are good but the poor installation causes them to appear to be crap.

I have been watching TV with a great HD picture for the past week ( In my back yard).

Taking it on the road today for a trial run

Hope this helps.

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #22
New Camper

Thanks everyone! I got it figured out, finally - with the dealer's help. The antenna only has the one switch that is behind the TV. However, on the TV itself there are TWO places you have to change the input from antenna to cable, not just the one I was changing.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd DRW and 2011 Rushmore RF35CK. Full time as of June 2011.
CatWoman1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #23
New Camper

Boomer - mine was a programming issue with the TV. LOL. I get 13 channels off the antenna and I am currently in the middle of NOWHERE. Really clear picture, too.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd DRW and 2011 Rushmore RF35CK. Full time as of June 2011.
CatWoman1121 is offline   Reply With Quote