Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2016, 12:34 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Antenna Booster/Thermostat

I am extremely new to this and jumped in head first without research so my questions may seem dumb. I have an Elevation 3616 and I am trying to hook up for cable TV. I was told to turn off the antenna booster. I cannot find it. I was told it might be behind the TV and I cant seem to be able to take the TV off the wall. Outside where I hooked it up there was 2 options, top or bottom, I plugged into the top, does this make a difference? They did not have a label.

Also my thermostat. What is zone 1 and 2. Is 2 living area and 1 sleeping area? I only see 2 vents, one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. Also when I try to keep a constant temp it keeps changing from furnace to fan to furnace and so forth. All I want is a constant 63 degrees. The next thing I know I have programs 1 and 2 how do I cancel out of them? Whats the best way to keep a constant temp?

Black tank, I have been in this toy hauler for 6 days and used the toilet 12 times most, liquids only, and the black tank claims to be full.....Is this normal?

3 leaks seem to be coming from the sky lights or vents. Had a guy come reseal and I still have leaks, any suggestions?
Highlife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:27 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

HL88
Let me start by asking you this question...Where is your rig now.???Are you in a campground or do you have it off the road at this point...?
Is your camper connected to a pedestal.???
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I am residing at a campground right now with full hookup.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

No dumb questions here. Every rig is a bit different, however, many items stay the same.
1) My cable connection is sat on top, antenna on the bottom. The booster is usually a one gang box next to the tv on the wall with a push switch. Maybe you don't have one?
2) My furnace Only operates when the fan is running. Not a convection type furnace.
3) My black tank shows full very quickly as the upper sensors get "debris" on them and give false readings, however, with only liquids, that shouldn't affect the sensors the same way. I bet if you release the black tank as you're fully hooked up, I bet you will still see at least 1/3 - 2/3 full if sensors are malfunctioning. Something you'll have to play with a bit to feel comfortable with before panicking.
4) I have used both EtenaBond tape and seal with great results. Only available direct.
Good luck.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

HL88
I would suggest you do what I have done many times and that is knock on your neighbors door at the campground and ask them the questions that you have asked in your post...The reason I say this is that it is easier for someone to SHOW you how to do something than to try and explain to you how to do it on this forum...

With that being said let me say...Do you have a second A/C unit.??? If so that would be zone 2 on your thermostat...Zone 1 should be your main living area...

Feel around the area behind the middle of the television in your main living area...You are feeling for a chain, or some kind of strap...Once you find it pull down on it gently and at the same time try to pull your flat screen television out from what ever it is mounted to...The chain or strap controls a lock...You should be able to pull the television out due to the fact it should be mounted to an extension arm...The coax cable form the TV should be connected to a plate with a large hole(DC power) and a small button...The button controls the amplifier for antenna only...

With all that being said I would say to you again ask someone at the campground to show you...Campers are great people and willing to help when asked...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:39 PM   #6
Site Team

Good advice Tommy

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thank You

Thank you all for your comments both on the thread and personal. I have been very busy but would like to thank you guys. It was behind the TV and there was a chain to pull to gain access to dismounting the TV. I appreciate all the help.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:33 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I have a 3616...here is what I have.

Behind the living room tv, there is a plug for Coax that should be connected to your TV. On that covere is a little pushbutton. When Amp is on it glows red. Turn it off (no red light) for cable.

Thermostat - Living area is zone 1, Bedroom is zone 2. The heat is controlled by zone 1. You should have 4 vents for heat; one in Bedroom, one in bath, one at base of kitchen Island on the sofa side, and one round one in garage at base of cabinet for washer connection area. When using heat, set zone one to heat, but make sure zone 2 isn't on ac. I turn zone 2 to the off position. Just so you know, in the configuration installed, with heat on, bath/bedrooms are hot as a sauna with living area cool. At night I set zone one heat to 62, and turn the Zone 2 thermo to FAN, MED, and I keep bathroom door to bedroom closed. This is due to duct runs from heater unit to bedroom/bath being so short and living garage runs so long. Other posts have discussed this issue with some folks having suggested fixes.
I believe I have answered your grey tank issue in previous post. The level gages for the tanks are rarely accurate, unless your holding tanks are pristine.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, cable, roof, thermostat, tv mount