Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Anyone know of a resource for on-site rv rentals?

We've been doing a lot of reading and the recommendation to rent an RV has come up more than once. As you can guess from my previous posts, as yet, we have neither the vehicle nor the expertise to risk others on the road. Does anyone know of any campgrounds within a three hour radius of the Baltimore area where we could rent a furnished RV for a week or so, just to give this a try? I realize it isn't the same as taking our show on the road, but we would like to experience what it feels like to live in an RV for a bit, so we can get a better idea of what we want.
pearlbalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Here is a service in Maryland that will deliver to the campground of your choice. Very expensive for delivery, rental fee, and campground rate.
https://roadtriprentals.biz/rent-a-camper

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Found one and really inexpensive!

Thanks to all for the input, but I just found a parked fifth wheel for vacation rental online through air bnb.
There are RV's on sites available all around the country it seems, with people using them as guest houses to make a bit of extra income. We found one a few hours from home within reach of Colonial Williamsburgh and Virginia Beach. So although we won't be driving one, we will see what it's like to spend time together in the space
Old 08-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
Site Team

Good luck with your new venture.
Have the owner show and explain how everything works. It's not quite like renting a house.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Curious, How did you filter air bnb to find a 5th wheel ?
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

air b&b

I used rv in the search by state. It came up with all types of trailers including fifth wheels
Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

In addition to the above, I'm posting a link to one of the listings we found and considered. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3245606?s=eftQ
There are many more on the site of various types and with varying amenities (or lack) available for some decent prices.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Interesting !!! Thanks !

KNOW my wife will never let someone else stay in our motorcoach, but MUCH cheaper than hotel rooms !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:59 AM   #9
Gone Traveling

This is an old post but right now, many sites are providing online service to hire an RV, and RV rental network is one of them. I mostly use their online service for my Florida and California camping. I found them very reasonable for USA camping deals.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote