Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Appreciate site, help, and info

Being a new to RV trailer person I have to thank everyone for there previous replies and extensive knowledge. Every question was answered to complete satisfaction promptly and extensively. Today I winterized my camper and every bit of info was obtained last night by a hour of reading in the winterizing column. (pinked the outside shower hot + cold, outside sink hot + cold, city water, inside shower hot + cold, bathroom sink hot + cold, toilet, kitchen sink hot + cold, then redrained all the lines, black flush and blew out line, emptied black and gray and fresh water tanks.} I still have a few other details to complete after I get it parked on its back yard spot like remove the battery, but all in all it's a feeling of relief knowing that it has been thoroughly completed. Just a tidbit of history, We bought this trailer used, and the previous owner told us it was winterized last fall by a dealer in Saskatoon, and that all the winter antifreeze was still in it as he hasn't used it this year. When I got it home the fresh water tank still had about 15 gallons of water, hot water tank had water with antifreeze, (thank God it wasn't cracked open} and quite a few other surprises including the rotten egg smell in the water lines, but nothing cracked. So as I said I feel total relief knowing everything is in tiptop shape putting the rig away for winter. But do have to add some rodent control also, but thats another day.