Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We had our 3 month old Zinger 19rd out for its 5th trip this weekend and notice onseveral times that what looks to be fresh water was leaking from under the base of the toilet. I would dry it all up then lay down on the floor ad try to look for the source of the leak while flushing the toilet. Never was able to see any water come out. Several hours later we would look over and see a puddle of water working its way from the base to the bathroom door again. Has anyone had any experiece with leaks on their Aqu Magic V.

thanks
bdewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Check the fitting for the incoming water first, it can be hard to see a slow leak there. Use a paper towel to wipe around the fitting and see if it comes back wet.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Contact the manufacturer, I think I have the same toilet and they had a recall on mine because the valve leaked.

I have the foot flush too if thats the same model then you may want to contact Thetford.

They sent me a new valve and I put it in a no more leak.Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Update : Gave a call to the mfg and was very impressed. It took just a few minutes explaining the issue and they volunteered to send out a new valve. A few days later and it showed up. spent 1/2 hour pulling the toilet and replacing the vavle. No more leaks. Yeah!!!
bdewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I have an Aqua magic Style 2 (#42072) with side foot flush. That peddle starting sticking down allowing toilet bowl to fill to overflowing unless you lifted it with your foot.
This is VERY BAD, luckily we have been home all three times it flooded the hall and steps.
I called Thetford but they are training, will call back later. Hope they are training on this issue!
mickeyndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyndallas View Post
I have an Aqua magic Style 2 (#42072) with side foot flush. That peddle starting sticking down allowing toilet bowl to fill to overflowing unless you lifted it with your foot.
This is VERY BAD, luckily we have been home all three times it flooded the hall and steps.
I called Thetford but they are training, will call back later. Hope they are training on this issue!
Here is a link for parts and if you look around the link at the bottom you can find the manual. http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/P...2/Default.aspx

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I called Thetford and they recommended silicone spray and said they would be sending a new flush valve. After several uses it starting working properly, so far, so good.
mickeyndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyndallas View Post
I called Thetford and they recommended silicone spray and said they would be sending a new flush valve. After several uses it starting working properly, so far, so good.
It nice when a simple fix works!! Glad it worked out for you.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote