Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well my trailer is in the shop right now because of bad tire wear, getting trailer ready a few weeks ago for a trip I saw that the drivers side rear tire was wearing on the inside. Kept a close eye on it onthe trip and was wearing fast, dropped the trailer off at the dealer on the way home from the trip and they looked at it right when I got there and said that the axle was crushed. Where the bracket is that is welded to the axle to mount to the leaf spring was over welded and was crushing into the axle. I got a call from my dealer today and he said that the axle is only under warranty for 1 year but that they would replace it anyways, but they will not replace the tire.I am wondering if this is normal because I know a lot of you guys have had axle problems. Do you think it would do any good to call Randy at Crossroads??? And if so does anyone have a phone # for him???

Thanks for the help

2005 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4

2008 Cruiser CF32BL

https://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...DSC01533-1.jpg
bradrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would give Randy a call and discuss the situation. His number is: 1-888-226-7496.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I'm getting my new axles this week. FINALLY. I'm not getting new tires. I've ruined three tires before they gave me the new axles. They replaced one tire while the trailer was fairly new. I should make a big deal out of it but I'm tired of fighting with them.

Randy Mischler 1-888-226-7496 (he's very helpful)
Edited by: whereRwe
whereRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

In February we took our CF29CK in to have the axles looked at because the tires were not aligned properly. We took it to CW because there is no longer a Cruiser dealer nearby. We were told our back axle was "crushed" and had to be replaced. We called Lippert and sent them pictures of the axle. They shipped a new axle free of charge but did not cover the cost of the two new tires we had to buy. Since then we have watched the tires and axles very closely and have only towed the cruiser about 500 miles. We have noticed that both axles seem to have some camber to them near the sides. Is that normal? If so, how much is normal. Our trailer is not overloaded and we never dry camp so we are not carrying water and do not have a generator. We travel very light and are towing very level. Our camping friends have another brand 5er and their axles are perfectly round and straight. Their unit is heavier than ours so their axles a bigger

Land O Lakes, FL

2007 CF29CK

Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote