Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Axles

Hey All,

I have a 2015 Sunset Trail 28BH, and recently noticed my left rear tire was wearing oddly. I took it to a repair facility nearby, and they told me my rear axle was bent and requires replacement.

I know for a fact that I have not overloaded my trailer. I rarely haul with a full water tank, and always haul with empty sewer tanks. I have scaled my unit a couple of times with 'typical' loads, and have never been over the GVWR of my trailier.

I have extended warranty, but the extended warranty specifically excludes "bent axles".

My question is, given that the trailer is 3 years old, does anyone think I will have any traction with pursuing Crossroads or Lippert for a warranty replacement? Does anyone know how I best go about this (ask my repair facility to pursue this on my behalf and/or get personally involved)?

I don't believe my repair facility is a certified Crossroads repair place, but they do good work for me and others. I don't live nearby (< 3hrs) a Crossroads repair facility.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed?
Old 08-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I doubt if CR will step up to the plate. They will probably simply say "out of warranty". You might try finding an axle shop that does RV alignments. They can "rebend" the axle back into tolerance without removing the axle from the RV. I had this done with my first TT after I hit a curb during a turn.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Axle is warranted by Lippert. Call personally and have all your info ready.

Here is info I found on internet:

Quote:
LIPPERT COMPONENTS, INC., Attn. Warranty Dept., 270
3 College Avenue, Goshen, Indiana 46528. The toll-
free telephone number to obtain the name and address of the service and repair facility nearest you is
1-866-
LCI-SVC1 (1-866-524-7821). In order to process your claim, LIPPERT COMPONENTS will need the following
information: Vehicle Identification Number (VIN),
Date of Manufacture, Date of Purchase, the Chassis
or Axle
Serial Number (if applicable), and the Make and Full Model Number. Please include this information with any
correspondence and have this information available
when you call.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

As stated call Lippert, if no help get your axles aligned, much cheaper than replacing & it was probably bent from the factory, mine was.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I just bought a 2013 sunset trail 25rb and just a week after I bought it I notice one my tires had a lot of tire wear on the inside of the tire. I took it back to the dealer and they told me it had a bent axle also. I've been told with the axles being further apart that it puts a lot of stress on the axles when making sharp turns which in return could cause bent axles.
kginder is offline   Reply With Quote