Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
New Camper

Greetings!. We got a new Crossroads Cruise Aire CTL27RB this spring. After about 7500Km total, I have worn out a total of four tires. Two went in about 1500Km. Being new to the RV lifestyle, most of the people I talked to felt that it was probably bent axles. This included a couple of RV technicians. When we got home, I had a local tech look at the trailer and after lifting the trailer and checking, he strongly feels that the bearings could be gone. There was a noticable movement in the wheels, more that I feel it should be.
I am asking for advice in that could the problem be the bearings. Any other comments will definately be welcome.
Thanks.
FJH
720fjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Had bearings re-packed after only a few hundred miles, one was completely disintigrated. After a few thousand miles, one of the tires was worn abnormally vs any of the others, this time one of the bearings was, not disintigrated, but stuck to the axle and not free moving. Had an axle replaced as well as the tire and bearings,now will have to waitfor the miles to rack upto see if that is the fix. I would say that your problem is not caused by the bearings but the axle, causing the tires and bearings to fail.... JMHO.... for what it's worth. Good luck!
Travel Well / Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
New Camper

Oh me nerves!
My first impression and suggestions from others was that the axles were off and I was REALLY hoping that the bearing idea was the problem.
Another problem is the dealer is giving little attention to my issue. Lots of baggage on that.
Anyone else have any suggestions.
Oh me nerves!
FJH
720fjh is offline   Reply With Quote