Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2010, 04:14 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Has anyone had the front wing of their batwing TV antenna bend backwards while traveling. I always lower the antenna whenever high winds occur and when traveling. When the antenna is flat on the roof one wing points forward and one backward. I believe that the front one always vibrated because it was off the roof several inches and there is a mark on the roof where it would scrape or bounce in the wind. I went to the dealer and they contacted Crossroads who stated it was not a warranty issue. Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it?It look like if I bend it back it will break off!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 04:29 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Don't drive so fast

I'm sorry I just couldn't resist. I've had three different travel trailers over many years and I've never had that problem or even heard of such a thing. I'm wondering if there's any possibility that when you were pulling out of somewhere you caught a tree branch or something like that with it.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

It seems odd that speed would have bent it, but yet possible. I haven't had an issues with my 5er antenna, but the power radio antenna on my vette has a slight bent to it that wasn't there originally, I know I have never hit the antenna with anything, so it must just be the wind. I have brought the car up to over 140mph (traveling speed, no wind), so I imagine there is some force against that thin aluminum.

Did you possibly bring the trailer up that high? 70mph ground speed, 70mph head wind?

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

When we were headed to Dallas last Saturday there was a class c motor home in front of us, his antenna was up and being bent backwards by the wind. Tried to tell him, but did do any good. Bet he was surprised at the next camp ground

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote