Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

We've recently purchased and MK33 to haul our boys and their MX bikes around. The battery that came with the trailer was smaller than the box provided. I bought a DP27 to replace the 24 we had.
We went to the track this weekend and ran the generator for 20 hours straight. Everything worked fine until the AC quit suddenly. I accidentally turned the gen off while checking the AC. When I tried to restart the generator it clicked and hummed(dead battery).
I reinstalled the 24 and everything worked fine. I restarted it a couple of times to make sure it would start.
My question is this: Should I assume the new battery was bad or is it possible that there is something else wrong (generator not charging/wiring/etc.). We only ran the 24 for 3 to 4 hours but it worked fine.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
We are leaving this week for Colorado and I would like to fix anything that may be wrong before we leave.
Thanks,
Steve Rees

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Is there water in the battery or is it Dry, How many volts are in it ? If the gen is charging it you should be able to put a volt meter on the battery, Then start it, The volts should go up to about 14.4. The battery sitting should be mid 12's because I would imagain there will be a few small things drawing off of it.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote