Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2010, 04:49 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

I am trying to decide which bed liner to go with. I am committed to the spray-in type liner, but want to know how people feel about the various brand names. Also my DW has arthritis and will have trouble stepping up into the truck. I would like to purchase a step that would give her the most help gettng into the truck, possibly a retractable system. Ideally the individual steps into the truck, maybe two, would be no more than a typical step in a home.

Thanks,

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 AM   #2
Site Team

I had the "Rino" sprayed in back in 03 when we got the truck. So far it has been ok. No complaints.
I seen a new Ford a friend just got with a step that folds out when the door is opened and folds back in when the door is closed. It was full length and all shinny chrome looked nice. I don't know if a two stepper is available or not.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have Pro-Line sprayed in my bed. The stuff is indestructible. Can drag the 5th wheel hitch / slide rails across it and it doesn't scratch, load it up with mulch then power wash it down. I have heard good things about Line-x as well.

Have you check pick-up truck forums? Powerstroke.org has some pretty insight on various topics / products.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I have the Line-X spray in. It's hard to beat for quality and look. It is pretty much indestructable and warranted for life. If you figure out how to damage it, they will fix it for free. However it aint cheap. Cost me almost $500 for the bed and the top of the side rails three years ago. Depends on where you get it done. After I had it done in northern Calif, a freind got his done in Arizona for about $80 less.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I have an Ameriguard spray liner with a lifetime guarantee. It might be a local San Antonio company. The liner is outstanding and very damage resistant. Ameriguard will also repair any damage on the slight chance it will happen. I do not remember what I paid last year.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We had Line-X added in early 2000 and haven't had even a scratch in all that time.

My wife is "vertically challenged" and came up with her own solution to get in and out of our 4X4 Ram. (It's also her grocery getter when we aren't towing.) We bought a small Rubbermaid single step stool. Drilled a hole in the middle and ran a piece of rope through it with a loop at the top. Hook the loop over the door handle or whatever is handy and pull it in after you. Been using that tor 10 years and people are still surprised when they see it.

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
rv-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I've had the Ziebart spray-in liners in the previous truck and in this one. I've managed to abuse it enough to nick it a little by hauling really sharp or abrasive objects (scrap metal, cement blocks, rough cut oak, etc.). I was at Ziebart today and see that they have switched to Rino (at least at that site). I think that any of the reputable spray liners is a good idea. The truck fora will have a lot of opinions.

I'm almost 6' and I carry a small step ladder just inside the tailgate to get up in the bed. It's just easier than trying to balance on the hitch or whatever.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Speedliner, 7 yrs old and almost no evidence of damage or age. I hate black, my Speedliner is a med. grey w/o extra $$.

Get a step or running board that has plenty of surface area to step on and you might get it sprayed with the liner material at the same time for better traction. Also agree with a secondary step on a rope, a friend's wife uses a small carpeted wood box on a rope. She can open the door, lower it to the ground using the rope and then climb out. Getting in, she will open the door, place the box on the ground, climb in and then pull the box in.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
New Camper

Try to find some good bed liners & load handlers plus the step in some sources that would help you out in the future. I'm sure that things would be good in order to really make things work out in your vehicle's need.

Edited by: armandjones82
armandjones82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

I had Line-X sprayed into the bed and on the top of the bed rails. It has proven to be a great product.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

I have had the Rhino; Ziebart and now the Line-X...The Line-X by far has served me the best. Tough and still hasn't faded..

2005 CF28RL

2006 Chevy 3500 Dually

https://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/...l/100_2411.jpg
billyohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I've been 100% pleased with Line-X.