Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Some time ago I read were someone had a roller replace on their bedroom slide. I thought the symptom they described was that the slide appeared to be sticking when moved in and out. It appears I'm having the same symptom with my bedroom slide andI would like to get as much info as possible about this so I can get it fixed. If anyone has experienced this I would appreciate any info you can share. Thanks
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I seem to remember riverotter55 posting about a bedroom roller slide issue but I believe that was the bolts shearing off. I think there has been a couple of post about the rollers being replaced on the living room slides. It is funny you bring this up, I keep an ongoing list of things to do to the trailer and one of the things for this weekend is checking all the slides nuts and bolts to make sure they are all tight.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Thanks Hunter, I noticed whenI open the bedroom slide it appears to be slightly hanging up on the way out. Almost like it's bumping it's way out instead of sliding. After looking at the outside of the slide, one side has all the paint scraped off and bear metal is exposed. This iswhat tipped me off that something is wrong. Do you know if these rollers are accessed under the bed or where they are located?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

As far as I know all the slide access is under the bed.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I'll have to dig into tonight. I just found the original thread in the cruiser section. Do you know if the Paradise Pointe has Lippert slides? It would be nice to be able to find a drawing of the components.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I believe everything on the CR products is Lippert.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:57 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

We have a 2007 CF29CK and we noticed that when our bedroom slide was IN, the decals on the outside did not align properly like the other slides did. We called CR and they told us to check the bolts on the slide rollers, it sounded like they had come loose. We lifted the bed, removed the struts and tightened everything we could see and still the slide was off. We finally found the slider rollers (6" black rubber rollers) next to the bed under the overhang of the platform at the head of the bed (not under it) almost to the floor. We actually had to get on our knees and bend over to see the rollers. We did not even have to lift the platform to get to it. Sure enough, the bolts were loose and the rollers had dropped so the bed was bumping out on the floor instead of the rollers. We raised the roller brackets and tightened the bolts and alas---problem gone.

Good Luck, hope this helps

Land O Lakes, FL

2007 CF29CK

Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I know that has to be the problem but was just unsure as to where to look to see for sure.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

If you find a problem with the rollers, take some pictures and put them on this forum. A picture is worth a thousand words sometimes.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
I seem to remember riverotter55 posting about a bedroom roller slide issue but I believe that was the bolts shearing off. I think there has been a couple of post about the rollers being replaced on the living room slides. It is funny you bring this up, I keep an ongoing list of things to do to the trailer and one of the things for this weekend is checking all the slides nuts and bolts to make sure they are all tight.
Scott fix it ASAP! I'm thinking if I would have noticed the problem sooner that's all I would have had to do is tighten the bolts, but NO not Me, I gotta wait till the bolts work out far enough that they caught on something under there & sheared off! If I remember right two were sheared off & two were very,very loose, thus the roller bracket went sideways! Good Luck, hope you get it fixed.

02 F250 PSD

07 Cruiser: CF29RK

You CAN get there from here it just takes longer https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/100_1893.jpg
riverotter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Lippert has a slide adjustment manual on their site you can down load as well.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

I had a problem with the rollers. The bottom of the bed wasn't well supported so the rollers collapsed up inside the bed. this caused the end of the bed to drag when going in or out. I reinforced the areainside the bed and now it is stable and rolls in and out with no problems.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23
Lippert has a slide adjustment manual on their site you can down load as well.

I'll have to download one and try adjusting it because it's not the rollers. I watched the slide move out last night while shining a flashlight on the rollers. All the pins are in place and the rollers are rolling just fine. It almost looks like one side of the slide has drop just a little bit because the very bottom of the slide is rubbing on the opening. From theoutside, the bottom right edge of the slide has all the paint scraped off. If I get a chance I will take some pictures and post them.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Scott,

I have a copy if you need it. just drop a message and I'll send it.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:45 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

Well I tore the thing apart, removed the matress, removed the plywood base that the matress lays on along with the struts. First off, I don't see a slide out manual on Lipperts website that matches the bedroom slide I have and I couldn't find a name anywhere on it. Does anyone know of any other slideout mfgs? It's like a peice of all thread driven by an electric motor. The motor is at the foot of the bedwith the jamb nuts hooked to the actual slide at theheadboard end of the bed. And all this is center under the bed. It pushes the slide on the way out or open, then pulls theslide in or closed. Everything inside appears fine,but where the slide itself goes thru the opening it's rubbingon the bottom of the slide. It almost looks like there should be apeice of teflonon the bottom of the opening so the slide can set on top of it as it moves in and out. Yet it's only one side of the slide on the corner peice that is rubbing. I think I will give Randy a call just to see if he can shed some light onthis. And I will try and get those picturesposted.