Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2016, 08:20 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Best RV cover for the $$

Any suggestions for an decent RV cover?
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:39 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I have never had one. I have researched them though. Every spring after seeing how filthy my RV is I think I'm going to invest in one and I never do.

People I know who have had them tell me that they last about 3 years before they start to deteriorate and you have to start with the duct tape and repairs or replace it.

I think it's one of those things where you have to decide if the cost is worth what you get in return. The benefits of protection from UV rays, acid rain and other environmental "deposits" are certainly in the plus column. Also not sure how you can wash them because they are so big?

I do know that you should not use a tarp. The tarp on the edges of the rubber roof can cause problems and the grommets on the corners and sides can rub and scrape the sides. I believe most RV covers are a breathable cloth on the top to accommodate the rubber roof.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
Gone Traveling

If & only if you live in an area with absolutely NO wind would I use one, have seen & talked to too many that have had more damage from them tearing up in the wind than the environment could of ever caused. IMO clean the rv good, put a good roof protection if recommended, & a good coat of wax & save the money for something fun.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:51 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I wouldn't have one on The Great Plains with no wind break for 1000 miles but if you live in a sheltered or woodsy area, there are benefits. I have hills and trees so the wind is moderate and the stuff off the trees is unbelievable. I am planning to lightly pressure wash the cover in place on the 5'er to get the blackest, nastiest stains off before I remove it. After only a year I've already started with some small Gorilla Tape patches, mostly my fault, some not. Covers are problematic and people have strong opinions based on experience or research so you just have to weigh the variables and make your own call. I just wish they'd use better fabric.
stormseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

picture says a lot. think this is a few years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160423_145505 (1).jpg (242.8 KB, 13 views)

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote