Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Big Bike Rack

Anyone take a motor bike with them? In the absence of a toy hauler how are you doing it? Back of truck, back of TT? I am talking max weight of 700 lbs.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

My wife isn't real crazy about riding so my motorcycle stays at home. If I were to take it along it would go in the back of the truck. I have a plan to raise the roof of the truck cap so the bike would fit inside.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

The only time I brought mine was when I had a long bed truck on our short trips it was more trouble than it was worth.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I was afraid of that. Thought it would be great for once at your destination, a bike would be great for running around.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 07-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I installed a Cruiser Ramp in the bed of my F250 and take our 950# Honda Goldwing along with us on our trips south while pulling our 29ft Sunset Trail. I find the five months of snow in Iowa too long to go without riding the Wing.

The Cruiser Ramp has a 12V winch which pulls a cart that has the front wheel of the bike strapped down into it with one large ramp for the rear wheel and two smaller ones for the cart wheels. It takes a while to get the loading/unloading down but now is pretty straight forward, just take your time. I normally don't bother for short trips but for longer trips its a no brainer for me.

The Cruiser Ramp was a bit pricey but I've never regretted getting it, it allows me to enjoy two of my favorite hobbies on the same trips.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingchop View Post
I installed a Cruiser Ramp in the bed of my F250 and take our 950# Honda Goldwing along with us on our trips south while pulling our 29ft Sunset Trail. I find the five months of snow in Iowa too long to go without riding the Wing.

The Cruiser Ramp has a 12V winch which pulls a cart that has the front wheel of the bike strapped down into it with one large ramp for the rear wheel and two smaller ones for the cart wheels. It takes a while to get the loading/unloading down but now is pretty straight forward, just take your time. I normally don't bother for short trips but for longer trips its a no brainer for me.

The Cruiser Ramp was a bit pricey but I've never regretted getting it, it allows me to enjoy two of my favorite hobbies on the same trips.
Thanks Harry. It is pricey. Might have to design my own.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4