Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

The black water flush does not allow water to enter the black holding tank to flush it out.
All was fine last year. The check valve is fine, once I found it in the bathroom vanilty. I was able to by pass the check valve and attempt to run water straight into the tank. No water would flow. I used 100psi air pressure but whatever is blocking the line did not let go. I may have to open up the under belly to see what is really going on.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone have some suggestions

trac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I had a similar problem a few years back. After a few trips it cleared itself. I would have thought that 100PSI would have cleared yours however. Is it under warranty?

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

It is under warranty. Our dealer is 5 hours away. They had no suggestions other than to pull the under belly and do an investigation. Depending what the problem is, it could be a warranty problem. I may have to get a local non Cruiser dealer to pull the under belly and check it out.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I think I would give Randy a call at CrossRoads Monday he might have a quick fix for you, or a mobile service tech they deal with in your area

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I pulled my membrane down once to correct a sagging water tank. It wasn't that hard but putting it back up correctly was a bit tough. Two people would help. I would consider adding an access panel under the flush connection if I was to do it again.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I thought of calling Randy but have put it off. Not sure why. If I had a place ,other than the street to work on unit I would attempt to do the work myself. The drive way is not big enough and working on the street in front of the house is not a good plan
Thanks for the info.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I had the same problem. My Crossroads dealer said that sometimes CR will not authorize a warranty repair. In my case the tech claimed the flush was clogged as was the feed line. He also said that CR did not install the flush correctly. It was at the end of the tank instead of mid-tank. CR did authorize the repair and furnished a new flush kit that was installed in the proper place by the repairing dealer. Works fine now but the one on the front black tank is acting up.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I talked to Randy this morning. The flush line is suppose to go in the side of the tank with a screen on the end. The screen is suppose to disperse the water in the tank as a spray. The only suggestion he had other pulling the under belly was to drive around with about 15 gallons of water, with tide detergent added and a bucket of ice cubs. This may break free anything that could be plugging the inlet. Will let you know how things turn out.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Tried to use our after 2nd time dumping....no flow.Rememberd reading here of someone having a flood inside from the flush kit,so checked with no problem.I was at the dealer and made a comment but he didn't seem to care,I'll have to make a service appoinntment for it .

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote