Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

An update: The dealer I purchased from is no longer a Crossroads dealer so I contacted another local dealer who is now affiliated with Crossroads and explained the situation. The service manager took my VIN and phone number and said he would call right back. In 15 minutes he called back and all is set up with Crossroads for warranty repair. He also indicated he might be able to turn it right around if he didn't need to order any parts otherwise it could be a week or so. As far as the membrane on the bottom he assured me it would be unscrewed and then put back just like factory and not cut.

So far it looks like Crossroads has stepped up and covered it. I'll update after the repair is completed. I'm liking everything so far.

As for the routing of the line. When looking into the toilet it doesn't empty directly into the tank, all you can see is a PVC line going toward the drivers side of the trailer. The line out comes out about the middle of the trailer vertically thru the membrane then a 90 to the side where it meets with the grey tank outlets and then out.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Clif,

Sounds like you have a new CR dealer that is making a serious effort to keep existing CR owners happy. I didn't mean that the toilet had a straight drop into the black tank, only that the inlet (toilet) and outlet are usually on the same side of the trailer.
Edited by: Dayle1

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayle1
Clif,

Sounds like you have a new CR dealer that is making a serious effort to keep existing CR owners happy. I didn't mean that the toilet had a straight drop into the black tank, only that the inlet (toilet) and outlet are usually on the same side of the trailer.

X2 Hope all is to your satisfaction. CR stepping up is good news
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

[QUOTE=socoguy]
Quote:
Â*I didn't mean that the toilet had a straight drop into the black tank, only that the inlet (toilet) and outlet are usually on the same side of the trailer. Â*Â*
Uh...My toilet is on awning side and discharge is on slide side?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Site Team

[QUOTE=Tim D]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socoguy
Quote:
I didn't mean that the toilet had a straight drop into the black tank, only that the inlet (toilet) and outlet are usually on the same side of the trailer.
Mine also.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

[QUOTE=Tim D]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socoguy
Quote:
I didn't mean that the toilet had a straight drop into the black tank, only that the inlet (toilet) and outlet are usually on the same side of the trailer.

Sorry for the confusion. I was not referring to where the sewer line exits the trailer, always on the street side in the US. But the actual outlet from the tank and hence where the gate valve is located. My toilet is also on the curb side and tank outlet is on that side as well. Does this make sense?

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Larry of course it makes sense. Floorplans vary but as you have stated tank dump outlets are streetside. Your eariler reply on how to follow the line from where the waste outlet penetrates the bottom membrane was great. Thanks
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Just a follow-up to my problem. The dealer took one week to fix it(that's great). They called and the problem was a wad of paper towel in the valve. Crossroads would have a problem warranting that. I agreed and asked for the damage to my pocketbook. $90 total.

I give credit and kudos to Crossroads for agreeing to cover a problem after the warranty was out (Thanks Lynn). The dealer confirmed this.

Double kudos to the dealer for;
1. Only taking 1 week exactly as promised.
2. Doing the work that cheaply. They removed (unscrewed)part of the membrane, opened the valve, cleaned it, and reassembled all of it for 1 hr labor.

Thanks to both Crossroads and Welcome Back RV in Athens.

PS When I went to pick it up we worked a trade on a new CF305SK that needed a new home, I'll pick it up Friday.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #29
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Cliff,
Congrats on the happy ending to your travails. Glad to see you have a great dealer as I do. Recently while at the annual rally I took my unit in for some minor warranty work and had Never Fail Bushings installed. At that time we told CR's that we were unhappy with the couch in our unit. No fault of CR's, we didn't really inspect the couch when we bought the unit, we assumed it was a fold out bed unit. Turns out it was a 3 seat recliner, with the reclining lever for the middle seat where your back would be if you wanted to lay down. We asked CR's if they could removed the lever so we could lay on the couch. When we arrived at the factory to have it done they told us it could not be done. So, what did they do? They said they were shipping a new couch to our dealer and it would be installed for us at no cost. If that is not stepping up I am not sure what is. I get home from my 3 month journey this Friday and cannot wait to hear from my dealer and get the new couch. Am I happy with CR's and what they have done for me thus far, you betcha.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote