Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #1
New Camper

blown fuses

We have a maple country 26brh. I accidentally reversed the battery cables when hooking them up.

I've replaced all the blown fuses but am still having issues.

The furnace and radio still aren't working. I've pulled the thermostat fuse and discovered that someone put a 20A fuse instead of 2A. Needless to say the thermostat was blown.

I replaced the tstat and now the heat works but no radio or ac. Now I've got 12v coming in on my blue 12v - wire. I'm stumped as to where that would be coming from as I've traced the wire back to the neutral bus bar.

Any help would be appreciated.
JEEPMAN0180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:07 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

There should be no voltage on your neutral buss bar (neutral to ground measurement). Likely an Converter issue. Try turning off the inverter, or disconnecting it ( turn off it's breaker). I assume you are talking about the AC panel.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
Site Team

Not sure what BLUE wire you are talking about more info please. As for the furnace if you are talking about the fuse in the converter that should be 15 or 20 amp. The radio may have a inline fuse behind it. You could pull the radio out to see. On the AC check the breaker in your converter may be tripped. If not double check your t stat if it is not working it will not turn on. And you may also have fried your converter.
Just a little advice go to the store and buy some RED tape and put it on the positive cable. I replaced both my battery cables with welding cable in the correct colors Red -pos. black - neg. and heavier gauge wire. Got them on eBay.
dagst1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

fuses

Check your converter. Look for reverse polarity fuses. My WF 8955 has two 40 amp orange fuses to protect against that scenario. The might be a schematic label stuck on the back of the cover, or on the housing.
gudde1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I reversed the leads on my battery and plugged in the 120. When I discovered the error, the battery wouldn't charge from the converter afterwards. The battery does seem to be Ok as it did recharge with a standard charger.
The converter is the WF-8955PEC. I was thinking the converter was toast, but maybe it is just a blown fuse.