Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Bumper mount grill gas line

I have 31SB Zinger. Looking to use the gas line near the outside kitchen. Camping World tells me I can't use a grill with a pressure regulator on it .Anybody know how to connect a stand up grill and by pass the regulator valve? I have one of those coleman grills CW sells. The stand up kind with 2 burners and it folds down. Thx
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:27 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Not sure why they said that. I have a fire ring that I use with the regulator on it. I just adapted the large tank connector to fit the quick connect on the trailer. I really believe if you can find the correct fittings and hose to adapt it , it would work.
tramguage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I actually made the mistake of buying a hose with a regulator when I hooked up my camp chef grill on my last trailer. Barely got a flame when I hooked it up.

I believe the issue is that the gas line out the back of your trailer already has a regulator.

Call Crossroads to find out on your model specifically if that line already is regulated. It is on my 300bh.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:50 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
I actually made the mistake of buying a hose with a regulator when I hooked up my camp chef grill on my last trailer. Barely got a flame when I hooked it up.

I believe the issue is that the gas line out the back of your trailer already has a regulator.
X2...The gas line already goes thru a low pressure regulator. You should be able to find a quick connect that will take the place of the regulator on the grill.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote