Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Bunk sheet search will the 3/4 sheets work?

So I didn't pay attention to it until this past week. We just picked up a 2016 RFZ 27BH. The triple bunk is what sold us with 3 kids. However, I just noticed the bunks are 50x74 with a cut corner. Since these beds are for kids I really want to get a mattress protector and sheets on them to protect them from kid grime and infrequent night-time accidents.

So I've found 3/4 sheets (48x75) which seem to be the closest I'll find. Since the bunk mattresses are not as deep as other mattresses do you think I could make a this size work for us? Or do you have a place to find custom sheets that won't cost a fortune for 3 sets?
COCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We just use standard sheets and pads on the bunks. Makes life easier.
Just tuck them under where needed. They also make sheet straps that you can use to go corner to corner under the mattress and hold it in place.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We use regular sheets on the beds. I buy cheap sets on clearance and then use the sewing machine to attach the top sheet to the bottom sheet at the foot end. This way the top sheet doesn't become wadded up by morning with my crazy sleepers. I have also sewn the bottom and top sheet half way up the sides to make the beds easier.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMomma View Post
We use regular sheets on the beds. I buy cheap sets on clearance and then use the sewing machine to attach the top sheet to the bottom sheet at the foot end. This way the top sheet doesn't become wadded up by morning with my crazy sleepers. I have also sewn the bottom and top sheet half way up the sides to make the beds easier.
Sounds like a SmartMomma to me.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I was considering the full size sheets and just tucking in the extra that way there are more color and print options for my kiddos to choose from. I'm afraid with the mattress pad it'll just end up being too much fabric to tuck under the mattress though. If it were just the sheets, it'd be a no brainer. I have 3 kids under age 8 though. Still the prime ages for the rare but possible overnight accidents and the pad will help absorb any accidents and keep it from getting to the mattress, at least most of it.

I found a 3/4 mattress pad from an online store with good reviews and a 30 day return policy as long as it's unused and unwashed. So I can try it out. May still go with regular full size sheets depending on how the pad fits. The same store actually sells sheet sets with elastic at the foot of the flat sheet so it hooks on the mattress like a fitted does. Sounds like that's your next thing to try, CampingMomma

I like the idea of sewing the top sheet to the bottom sheet. My kids love to wrap up in their sheets while they sleep like a cocoon, so I might keep them separated for their own sleeping comfort. Can always just close the curtain if I don't want to see their balled up mess of beds :-).

When/if I get the 3/4 I'll let you all know how they fit on the not quite a 3/4 sized bunk bed.
COCamping is offline   Reply With Quote