Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

We took delivery of a CF31QB from RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, OH last Thursday. When we went shopping locally in South Central Texas all the sales people said we would be sorry as there would be all manner of extra charges tacked on upon delivery. Well, RV Wholesalers was nothing but open and honest. The coach was exactly as we had ordered with all options in place. The entire process went smoothly and quickly. We had one very minor issue that was resolved the next morning within 15 minutes.

One place RV Wholesalers is lacking is their predelivery. The batteries were not in either the smoke or carbon monoxide detectors. The PDI was quick, too quick but we didn't find anything. They had an issue hitching up my truck's Curt Q5 to the coach. I tried to tell them what was required but they apparently did't hear me. Anyway, I finally got it hitched and went on our way.

There is no reason to pay thousands more at a local dealer although should warranty service be an issue then the price is moot. I'll take my chances that all I have read about Crossroad's quality is true and my savings ($9,000) was worth the trip.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Your posting is in line with what other's have reported - good place to do business with but they suck at installing accessories or doing a good PDI.

Happy camping!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
New Camper

Was it Camper Clinic that tried telling you about RVWholesalers "hidden fees"? I showed the salesman at Camper Clinic a quote and they told us that there would be numerous hidden fees added and that it would be completely ignorant to make such a major purchase out of state. We live in Texas also and saved several thousand on a Cruiser CF32BLgoing through RVWholesalers.

Only gripe I have is this. As soon as we took delivery of our trailer, we left for a 2 week vacation. Bout a week into the vacation, I geta call from my parents saying that someone from RVWholesalers had called them and left a nasty voicemail saying that they were going to be starting repossesion proceedings on the trailer and turn the matter over to an attorney if they did not hear from us by the end of the week. Keep in mind, we put several thousand $ down and only had the trailer for 2 weeks so the first payment wasn't even due yet. I call RVW the next day to see what the deal was and they told me that they did not have my wife's social security number on file therefore the bank was withholding payment or something like that. The folks at RVW were very rude about this and tried to make it sound like it was my fault, even though I had provided her SS number when we started the purchase. I gave them her SS number and haven't heard anything from them since.

Besides a few minor issues with the trailer that I've fixed myself, there have been no problems.
cwgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Camper Clinic II was one of the dealers giving me that story. They did have a CF31QB in stock. It was that one which prompted us to buy a Cruiser. We wanted to buy from them but I did not like their attitude toward me. They did come down to within a few hundred dollars of RV Wholesalers but we decided just to order through RV Wholesalers and make the delivery trip up there a mini vacation. RV Wholsalers was easy to deal with.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We bought at RVW and camped for the first 3 nights at Indian Lake State Park....real near there. We did not buy the extra 5 years...nor any add ons....and they were great. In fact, our salesman came out to the campground just to make sure we didn't have anymore questions. Have had an axle issue, but Crossroads stepped right up to the plate, and we were able to have it changed out locally.
ccsabathia is offline   Reply With Quote