Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a 2013 330SS, love this unit. I would like to know ifI can hook up to aDirectTV dish plus have the campground cable hooked up, can we watch one or the other or none at all? Anybody have thoughts on this?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Yes you can do that as long as you have separate cable IN connections. It would only be a simple change at the TV input in order to watch cable OR Sat in the living room. The bedroom (or second TV) would probably only get cable unless it is specifically wired for Sat from your receiver (if your receiver has two outputs).

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

You should have two coax connections on the outside of the trailer ( have an 05 pp but not shure if CR has taken that option out). One for SAT and the other for cable. This cables will connect in the main entrainment unit area. I do not think it will run SAT to the bedroom. Connect your sat cable to your sat box then AV and sound plugs to the TV. Connect the cable to your TV you should be able to select different imputs to get both to work.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your input George & Stan, my neighbor has a complete dish set-up in his M/H and will let me borrow it. Will try it before buying my own... thanks again.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I have dish and since I do not have a HD TV in the trailer I just need the twin ant. I just get the angles right and point to the SATs and bingo we have cable channels. One thing about our dish system if we get a more than 150 miles from home we lose the network stuff but have all the cable ones to watch. I have had some troubles when in wooded areas to point through trees but most of the time I can get at least one sat if not both.