Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
New Camper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location:
Posts: 4
We just took our first trip this weekend and when we got home and started unhooking we heard something beeping. The carbon monoxide detector in the TT (Z-1 211RD) was going off.

We did have the propane on but the furnace and water heater were turned off. The fridge was the only thing still running.

Any ideas what might have caused it?
HeyScienceTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Full Time Camper
 
fhenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ms
Posts: 2,739
dead batteries



__________________
Frank and Janet Henn
2017 380MBH pushing a 2007 Dodge
CDT with a six speed Automatic
Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the wonder dogs and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
New Camper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location:
Posts: 4
Ours is a dual carbon monoxide and propane gas detector, and only the CO lights were going on. Also, it is wired into the main battery for the trailer instead of having its own separate battery like the smoke detector.



So I don't think it's just a dead battery.
HeyScienceTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 32
Actually, the earlier post is correct. When you are not hooked up to electric power and only running on battery, the detector will begin to beep as the battery runs out of charge.

Just plug in and charge the battery.

Safe camping.
Schabtod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
New Camper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location:
Posts: 4
Hmm...

Is there something wrong with my battery then if it is dying so fast? We were plugged in the whole time at the campground and it is only a 2 hour trip home.

Should it be able to drain that fast if the only thing running on the electric is the detector? All of the lights were off, fans off, fridge was set to propane.
HeyScienceTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #6
Weekend Camper
 
Monty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hensley, AR
Posts: 70
It does sound like you have an issue. Not sure what. A volt meter is probably in order. Check to see what voltage you currently have on the battery. Then plug in and check to see that it is charging. Even with the fridge drawing power while on propane, it shouldn't drain the battery that fast. Maybe it is not a deep cycle battery?
__________________
Brian Montgomery

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper
 
scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 336
We had that happen once. The furnace was running and the kids were running in and out of the camper. With the furnace exhaust port right next to the door on our 30CKthe wind was helping some furnace exhaust in the door every time it opened kicking off the CO2 detector. Our detector sets at the floor level right inside the door. If your fridge was running off of propane maybe some exhaust was making it's way in the door?
__________________
Scott
'05 2500 HD
'04 PF30CK
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #8
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 32
Sounds to me like your battery is not charging correctly. While plugged in over the weekend it should have charged. Check your inverter?
Schabtod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
New Camper
 
derebey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1
We just had that happen last night. Furnace was NOT on, refrigerator was on electric. the only thing we had going was the fireplace. We reluctantly called the Fire Dept to come and check it and they brought their Carbon Monoxide detector and there was none. We pulled the cover from the lower front of the fridge where the unit is located and removed and put back the fuse that was down there. That seemed to solve the problem for now. We'll see. If it happens again we'll be calling our friendly Cruiser dealer and having the unit replaced.
__________________
Steve
derebey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Crossroads Registry

The Big Z

ewbldavis

Z-1

kvmllr
Add your Crossroads RV
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.