Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

The black tank flush on our 1/2 bath's black tank seems clogged. How can I clear the clog? I never dump the tanks unless they are at least 2/3 full.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

From the information that you provided, it's a little difficult to give you a definitive reply but I don't think that your system is clogged. Since your unit isa 2010, it is likely that you have a manufacturing snafu. It's very possible that when the flush system was installed the hose to the spray header got kinked and is stopping the flow of flush water. This is a warranty issue and you should have it repaired by your dealer. Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamops
From the information that you provided, it's a little difficult to give you a definitive reply but I don't think that your system is clogged. Since your unit isa 2010, it is likely that you have a manufacturing snafu. It's very possible that when the flush system was installed the hose to the spray header got kinked and is stopping the flow of flush water. This is a warranty issue and you should have it repaired by your dealer.
I have a 2010 Cruiser 26RK. I had the belly open for another issue and noticed the flush hose. It was about 2 feet longer than it had to be. The excess was stuffed between the black and gray tanks. I just cut off the excess while I had the belly open. I can see where it would have been easy to had kinked it. First try the dealer under warranty. But if you dealer is like mine was you will most likely have to do it your self.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Mine clogged after I had the rig for about 6mos. I would have had to pull the membrane down to get to the fitting at the tank but after driving with 3/4 tanks all day it unclogged by itself. Since then it has done that twice more and each time it unclogged after driving. It has been two years now and no further problems. Maybe I was using the wrong TP (?).
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Mine had to build a little pressure for about 5 min then it took off ?? Siims to work fine since !!

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Thanks all for your replies. I will be contacting a Crossroads dealer for service.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I have the same problem on a 2010 29RK. I had the black plastic barrier down last week and while my supply line hose was also long it did not appear kinked.

The fitting on the tank appeared easy to remove and clean but I wanted to make sure when I unscrewed it noting would fall into the tank. I really suspect the nozzle is clogged.

Please let us know what the problem is and how it is repaired!!

pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I used our black tank flush, for the 1st time this past week end, on our2nd time out in our CF31REP. With the black tank empty & the valve still open, I turned on the "regulated" water, to the flush attachment. Immediately, water started running from underneath the black plastic barrier. My first thought was the hose fitting did not have a rubber washer, & then maybe, the hose wasn't attached to the bulkhead fitting. While still investigating what happened, the DW, yelled that clear water was running in the galley area, from underneath the cabinets. I realize this might be a warranty issue, but did I do something wrong? Edited by: FFFord
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote